I know this may be right there in front of me, but....

Mark Bailey

In MultiPSK\'s Packet/APRS mode, how can I connect to another node VIA some other node?

Ie, I want to connect to K4ABC but I can't do so directly, so I want to digipeat to K4ABC through another node in between us that we both can connect to. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to do this in MultiPSK. I know that I can set Destination and Sender, then hit CONNECT and it will try and connect me to Destination. But what I don't seem to see is how, like in the old days of TNCs, a way to free-handedly initiate a CONNECT that digipeats through one or more nodes in oath to connect to Destination.Thanks!

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mark,

You must push the « Options » button and form the string of repeaters.

In MultiPSK\'s Packet/APRS mode, how can I connect to another node VIA some other node?

Ie, I want to connect to K4ABC but I can't do so directly, so I want to digipeat to K4ABC through another node in between us that we both can connect to. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to do this in MultiPSK. I know that I can set Destination and Sender, then hit CONNECT and it will try and connect me to Destination. But what I don't seem to see is how, like in the old days of TNCs, a way to free-handedly initiate a CONNECT that digipeats through one or more nodes in oath to connect to Destination.Thanks!

Mark Bailey

OK, I see it now, and I was able to activate some.

Is there some way for MultiPSK to go into “terminal” mode when connected such that the text each was is intermingled the same way an old TNC would do so? What I’m after is being able to maintain and preserve a connection session in its bidirectional context. At least as I’m using it now, what I type and then what gets sent, then what comes back, is completely segregated. While it makes sense while the conversation or session is fresh in mind, If I wanted to select, copy and paste it for archival purposes, email it to someone else, it’d be nice to preserve which TX string was followed by its corresponding RX.

Thanks again for the pointer!

Mark Bailey

Edited

And one more thing. When I see a node callsign that is underlined, but has a via, who am I actually hearing? The underlined node, or the via? And if more than one via, which one did I actually digipeat through?

ID de W0TX via KB9KC Ctl C UI Pid=F0 Len=31>

more then one via:

ID de W0TX via KB9KC N0HI-7 Ctl C UI Pid=F0 Len=31>

If "via" some other node that was the one I actually linked to/through, when I then initiate a connection the underlined node as the destination (that I was hearing via the "via" - confused yet???), does the "via" "closest" to me automatically respond on behalf of the underlined node (in sort of the same way proxy-arp would do in level 2 IP networking)??

Thanks!