Topics

Multipsk won't restore from task bar - Multipsk test version 2

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Hugh and all,

This test version 2 adds the manual “Minimize” command Minimize_min.png , at the top of the Form, to the right of the level display. It don’t know if this one will solve this problem of minimized/restored Form on Windows 10 Professional, but it will be worth to test: http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_45_1_test_version_2.zip

Paste this address in your Internet Explorer or equivalent. Download the file.
Extract the ZIP file and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe with this test version. Before, make a copy of the “official” Multipsk.exe, in case of. It is also proposed new help manuals (chm files).

Thanks for reports on this forum.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Utility World (Hugh Stegman)
Envoyé : jeudi 25 février 2021 00:58
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Multipsk won't restore from task bar

Yes, I have Professional.

-hugh

On 2/24/2021 11:40 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

Hello Hugh and Tiziano,

I tested in a Window 10 familial PC here. Here what I see, if I click on the reduction dash:

Reduction.jpg

If I click on either of the left square, it comes back to the normal format (it is the same behavior on Vista).

Don’t you have Windows 10 Professional, which seems to have a particular working?

Patrick

-----Message d'origine-----
De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Utility World (Hugh Stegman)
Envoyé : mercredi 24 février 2021 02:36
Objet : [multipsk] Multipsk won't restore from task bar

Windows 10:

Here's the problem. If I click on the little line that minimizes Multipsk to the task bar, it will not restore again. If I try, I get another instance of the program instead of restoring the one I was in.

I can deal with this, but I still wonder if there's a way to fix it.

-hugh

Utility World (Hugh Stegman)

Thank you, Patrick!

I have decided that it's my security software that's the problem. It seems to be blocking the little window in the lower left.

This is not a problem for me.  I can use Multipsk the way that I've been doing it, and that's OK.

Thank you for a superior program and for all the personal attention.

-hugh

On 2/25/2021 11:10 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

Hello Hugh and all,

This test version 2 adds the manual “Minimize” command Minimize_min.png , at the top of the Form, to the right of the level display. It don’t know if this one will solve this problem of minimized/restored Form on Windows 10 Professional, but it will be worth to test: http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_45_1_test_version_2.zip

Extract the ZIP file and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe with this test version. Before, make a copy of the “official” Multipsk.exe, in case of. It is also proposed new help manuals (chm files).

Patrick

-hugh

Hello Hugh and Tiziano,

I tested in a Window 10 familial PC here. Here what I see, if I click on the reduction dash:

Reduction.jpg

If I click on either of the left square, it comes back to the normal format (it is the same behavior on Vista).

Don’t you have Windows 10 Professional, which seems to have a particular working?

Patrick

Windows 10:

Here's the problem. If I click on the little line that minimizes Multipsk to the task bar, it will not restore again. If I try, I get another instance of the program instead of restoring the one I was in.

-hugh

tony paulino

hi Patrick this new version did not cure the problem still the same .
tony

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM Utility World (Hugh Stegman) <utilityworld@...> wrote:

Thank you, Patrick!

I have decided that it's my security software that's the problem. It seems to be blocking the little window in the lower left.

This is not a problem for me.  I can use Multipsk the way that I've been doing it, and that's OK.

-hugh

Hello Hugh and all,

Patrick

-hugh

Hello Hugh and Tiziano,

Reduction.jpg

Patrick

Windows 10:

-hugh

agene

Hi Patrick,

No problem here with Windows 10 pro. Minimized from normal screen to bottom of main screen. And it can be restored with no problem using either the Restore or Full Screen buttons. 

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Hugh and Tony,

Thanks for the info. Is your Windows 10 Pro associated with a 32 or a 64 bits processor?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de tony paulino
Envoyé : jeudi 25 février 2021 23:23
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Multipsk won't restore from task bar - Multipsk test version 2

tony

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM Utility World (Hugh Stegman) <utilityworld@...> wrote:

Thank you, Patrick!

-hugh

Hello Hugh and all,

Patrick

-hugh

Hello Hugh and Tiziano,

Reduction.jpg

Patrick

Windows 10:

-hugh

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

>No problem here with Windows 10 pro.

TKS. Is your Windows 10 Pro associated with a 32 or a 64 bits processor?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de agene
Envoyé : jeudi 25 février 2021 23:45
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Multipsk won't restore from task bar - Multipsk test version 2

Hi Patrick,

No problem here with Windows 10 pro. Minimized from normal screen to bottom of main screen. And it can be restored with no problem using either the Restore or Full Screen buttons. 

Regards, Mike Simpson

tony paulino

Hi Patrick I have Windows 10 Pro
64 bit. With all appdate
Thank you

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021, 6:01 AM Patrick Lindecker, <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Regards, Mike Simpson

Rich O.

Same here - same behavior.  Not a show stopper, just more of an annoyance.

Rich  

On Feb 26, 2021, at 5:17 AM, tony paulino <tonypaulino2@...> wrote:

64 bit. With all appdate
Thank you

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Regards, Mike Simpson

Patrick Lindecker

Thanks for the information. So the problem is between Delphi 6 and Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. I have no mean to solve this.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Rich O.
Envoyé : vendredi 26 février 2021 16:57

Same here - same behavior.  Not a show stopper, just more of an annoyance.

Rich  

On Feb 26, 2021, at 5:17 AM, tony paulino <tonypaulino2@...> wrote:

64 bit. With all appdate

Thank you

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Regards, Mike Simpson

Utility World (Hugh Stegman)

On 2/26/2021 3:00 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

Hello Hugh and Tony,

Thanks for the info. Is your Windows 10 Pro associated with a 32 or a 64 bits processor?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de tony paulino
Envoyé : jeudi 25 février 2021 23:23

tony

Thank you, Patrick!

-hugh

Hello Hugh and all,

Patrick

-hugh

Hello Hugh and Tiziano,

Reduction.jpg

Patrick

Windows 10:

-hugh

agene

Hi Patrick,

My O/S is Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit system

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original message --------------

Hello Mike,

Patrick

DOGUS SANKIR

Same here with Win 10 64bit restore problem.

-------- Orijinal mesaj --------
Kimden: tony paulino <tonypaulino2@...>
Tarih: 26.02.2021 16:17 (GMT+03:00)
Alıcı: multipsk@groups.io
Konu: Re: [multipsk] Multipsk won't restore from task bar - Multipsk test version 2

64 bit. With all appdate
Thank you

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Regards, Mike Simpson

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

TKS. So not all the Windows 10 Pro 64 bits systems cause problems with Multipsk. Do you start Multipsk in a certain compatibility?

Patrick

Envoyé : vendredi 26 février 2021 22:37

Hi Patrick,

My O/S is Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit system

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original message --------------

Hello Mike,

Patrick

agene

Hi Patrick,

No, I have a Windows 10 Pro, but I am in the Dev Group at Microsoft, so use Windows 10 ver 21322.1000 which might have some changes compared with the normal released version. Also I am using a 43" monitor so don't know if that makes a difference.

I have also tried this on my  laptop  using the standard 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro and also have no problems expanding Multipsk from the taskbar. 

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original msg -----------------

Hello Mike,

TKS. So not all the Windows 10 Pro 64 bits systems cause problems with Multipsk. Do you start Multipsk in a certain compatibility?

Patrick

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the interesting information. All this does not seem very clear, but it is surely very complex.

Patrick

Envoyé : samedi 27 février 2021 23:19

Hi Patrick,

No, I have a Windows 10 Pro, but I am in the Dev Group at Microsoft, so use Windows 10 ver 21322.1000 which might have some changes compared with the normal released version. Also I am using a 43" monitor so don't know if that makes a difference.

I have also tried this on my  laptop  using the standard 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro and also have no problems expanding Multipsk from the taskbar. 

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original msg -----------------

Hello Mike,

Patrick