7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - Multipsk works fine !!!

George Konstantopoulos (Mobile)

7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - MultiPsk works fine !!!

73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP

Patrick Lindecker

Hello George,

Can you explain us your configuration and the transmission monitored,  as you seem to be in Greece listening a Kiwisdr (SDR receiver) in USA (via the  WEB ?), receiving art transmissions ☺, which is not common on SW.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de George Konstantopoulos (Mobile)
Envoyé : dimanche 21 février 2021 09:34
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : [multipsk] 7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - Multipsk works fine !!!

7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - MultiPsk works fine !!!

73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP

Attachments:

Mark Bailey

Patrick,

Found this: https://www.google.com/search?q=wrmi+mfsk&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS924US924&oq=wrmi+mfsk&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.4120j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I had no idea WRMI (and others?) did something like these "radiograms". 

Thanks, George, for sharing. I will have to check it out!

Mark

Hello Patrick,
the WRMI Radio Station based in Florida USA, provides scheduled SWR (Short Wave Radiograms), pls see prtscr attached (eg 7730KHz this morning 08:00z).
I just select the appropriate web KiwiSdr (based on propagation), eg i selected (0-30 MHZ SDR, KB0FX | NORTH OF WARRENTON, MISSOURI), pls see prtscr attached.
then i activate Windows Mixer to the Sound Card setting and i select it as input to MultiPsk, pls see prtscr attached.
It is so simple. MultiPsk performs excellent decoding. 
I tried many time to setup my Ailunse HS2 and SW Antenna to my QTH but always i get bad signal to my QTH KM17vx.
So i tried also web for test
Best Regards
73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

Could I refer you to the following web sites that are produced by
Kim Andrew Elliott:

https://swradiogram.net/

and

https://twitter.com/SWRadiogram

Kim provides programming to WRMI and WINB (and others)
containing a range of MFSK32 and MFSK64 images, as well as
other digital modes of text.  This week's Shortwave Radiogram
even contained text in the Khmer language.

I copy them using my local receivers or remote SWR's with great
success.  I use fldigi and MultiPSK for the decodes.

I even have moderate success in decoding one DRM segment
currently on WINB on Saturday at 1500Z.  It is a challenge and I
must use an SDR (usually in Austria) because I am in the skip zone
for WINB (Red Lion, Pennsylvania, USA).

This is a fun activity, and is followed my many Hams and SWL's
around the world as you will see on the Twitter site.

The schedules and frequencies are on the web at the swradiogram.net
site.

Great day,

Fred

mike agner

There is also a Facebook page for this activity, viz.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/567099476753304/

Mike

mike agner

For those that might like to join up with this app, I announce when Kim has updated the website with the new schedule (and if other modes are being used (besides MFSK32 and 64) on the Utility DXers Forum and Digital Mode Radio reflectors

In addition, Radio Northern Europe International also sends out digital text during its broadcasts, which changes monthly.  Here is the Feb announcement

https://rnei.org/2021/02/01/radio-northern-europe-international-show-14-is-now-on-air-for-february-2021/

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello George, Mark and Mike,

Thanks all the information. I saw that the programme of this SW station is eclectic!

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de George Konstantopoulos (Mobile)
Envoyé : dimanche 21 février 2021 14:02
Objet : Re: [multipsk] 7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - Multipsk works fine !!!

Hello Patrick,
the WRMI Radio Station based in Florida USA, provides scheduled SWR (Short Wave Radiograms), pls see prtscr attached (eg 7730KHz this morning 08:00z).
I just select the appropriate web KiwiSdr (based on propagation), eg i selected (0-30 MHZ SDR, KB0FX | NORTH OF WARRENTON, MISSOURI), pls see prtscr attached.
then i activate Windows Mixer to the Sound Card setting and i select it as input to MultiPsk, pls see prtscr attached.
I tried many time to setup my Ailunse HS2 and SW Antenna to my QTH but always i get bad signal to my QTH KM17vx.
Best Regards
73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Attachments:

Ralf Bender

Great decodings George. Tnx for sharing.
I think you know that you have to correct the slant to get rid of the triangle on the right side of the picture.

I have been participating in Shortwave Radiogram ( formerly known as VOA (Voice of America) Radiogram ) for many many months as well and posts the decodes on my YT channel. If possible. 
Meanwhile I have a playlist there and you can also decode from this videos with multipsk and Virtual Cable.

Patrick, you have a few videos on your own website of Shortwave Radiogram ;-)
--
73 Ralf
--
DL0103SWL
DO5RBB
https://www.youtube.com/c/RalfBender/

WB9EZB

Patrick,
Not all PCs have the audio monitor feature (Stereo Mix).
I have used VB cable and The Multipsk SDR interface to run
My SDR play audio into Multipsk.  Lately I have been using an outboard usb sound card (Ucontrol UCA 202) and looping the output into the input with RCA cables. You have to watch levels, I set spkr
Output level very low (level 4).
It works very well.

On Feb 21, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Thanks all the information. I saw that the programme of this SW station is eclectic!

Patrick

Objet : Re: [multipsk] 7730KHz 21_02_2021 - KIWISDR & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR - Multipsk works fine !!!

Hello Patrick,
Best Regards
73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Attachments:

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Ralf,

>Patrick, you have a few videos on your own website of Shortwave Radiogram ;-)
Yes you are right

Does Radio Northern Europe International pertain to SWR?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Ralf Bender
Envoyé : dimanche 21 février 2021 23:25

Great decodings George. Tnx for sharing.
I think you know that you have to correct the slant to get rid of the triangle on the right side of the picture.

I have been participating in Shortwave Radiogram ( formerly known as VOA (Voice of America) Radiogram ) for many many months as well and posts the decodes on my YT channel. If possible. 
Meanwhile I have a playlist there and you can also decode from this videos with multipsk and Virtual Cable.

Patrick, you have a few videos on your own website of Shortwave Radiogram ;-)
--
73 Ralf
--
DL0103SWL
DO5RBB
https://www.youtube.com/c/RalfBender/

mike agner

Edited

No the RNEI broadcasts are a different program. In some cases it uses MFSK64 (in the form of a playlist), but also uses HamDRM, which MultiPSK doesn't have.  

Back to the topic at hand = the other station that carries the SWR is WINB Red Lion Pennsylvania.  The website has the schedule.

Mike

Dear Ralf,
thank you for the suggestions, i am aware of that, i will try to fix it. 
To tell you the truth i have a lot of equipment here in my home in Athens (the latest is Ailunse HS2 & Vertical Antenna 100KHz - 1600 MHz), but due to bad signal for getting WRMI i tried the web. i live in the center of the city surrounded by buildings and a lot of interference. 
MultiPsk is an excellent SW and Patrick does an excellent job, and we must thank him for all the effort, and the help to the amateur's community. 
Of course i know your channel, i am a subscriber, and all your videos are so instructive and informative, looks like you are the teacher and we sit down to learn like students. 
Many thanks to all for all the attention and communication
i wish to all a very good health, stay safe !!!
Best Regards

73's
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx 

Patrick Lindecker

Thanks for the description. Sometimes, I also use cable, here always with Output level at 10 %.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de WB9EZB
Envoyé : dimanche 21 février 2021 23:42

Patrick,

Not all PCs have the audio monitor feature (Stereo Mix).

I have used VB cable and The Multipsk SDR interface to run

My SDR play audio into Multipsk.  Lately I have been using an outboard usb sound card (Ucontrol UCA 202) and looping the output into the input with RCA cables. You have to watch levels, I set spkr

Output level very low (level 4).

It works very well.

On Feb 21, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Patrick

Hello Patrick,
Best Regards
73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Attachments:

Patrick Lindecker

>No the RNEI broadcasts are a different program. In some cases it uses MFSK64 (in the form of a playlist), but also uses HamDRM, which MultiPSK doesn't have.  
RR Mike.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de mike agner
Envoyé : lundi 22 février 2021 00:03

[Edited Message Follows]

No the RNEI broadcasts are a different program. In some cases it uses MFSK64 (in the form of a playlist), but also uses HamDRM, which MultiPSK doesn't have.  

Back to the topic at hand = the other station that carries the SWR is WINB Red Lion Pennsylvania.  The website has the schedule.

Mike