UK NDB Thanks

Steve Rose

Thanks for all feedback.....highly appreciated) must of been way over a year ago decoded NDB...had good setup withMultipsk....cant remember if CW or USB mode was best....
Did read some airfields have closed down  with Covid etc.and NDB turned off when not in use..that may not be true.
Based in Swindon Wilts so should get decent reception with many airfields near....no luck so far but persistance is a virtue)

Thanks again..
73
Steve

Paul Gulliver

You should be able to get Brize and Oxford NDB's from your location and possibly Bristol and Woodley
I live about 20 miles from you (Melksham) and could get those around 12 to 18 months ago, I haven't tried lately

I used an RSP1A with a loop antenna and just decoded by listening to the tone, never thought of using Multipsk

Paul

On 20/02/2021 at 16:28, Steve Rose <stevesden1@...> wrote:
Thanks for all feedback.....highly appreciated) must of been way over a year ago decoded NDB...had good setup withMultipsk....cant remember if CW or USB mode was best....
Did read some airfields have closed down  with Covid etc.and NDB turned off when not in use..that may not be true.
Based in Swindon Wilts so should get decent reception with many airfields near....no luck so far but persistance is a virtue)

Thanks again..
73
Steve

Steve Rose

Thanks Paul, yes not far from you here.....yes Multipsk does decode NDB..( located in CW decode config).
Im using ALA 1530 Wellbrook Loop....over past 10 years....
For some reason the decode is not happening.....defo my error but eventualy will win) Im prob missing  the obvious)

Steve

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Steve,

Very similar to NDB, you have also Hams CW beacons, at about the same speed as NDB. I just decoded one (yet with my hears ☺). It was transmitting, at about 10 wpm, call sign, Locator, power, altitude .

With Multipsk, you must be in USB and click on “CW”, then on “NDB”.

[...]

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 09:22 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:
Thanks Patrick.....USB and click on “CW”, then on “NDB”. will try again this evening....NDB speed set on 8..
73
Steve

Steve Rose

Thanks Paul Patrick....all sorted NDB....my error, had gain settings on Winradio way  to high, problem of decoding NDB sorted)
73  Steve