All modes sound the same , suddenly .

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Andy,

Perhaps VBAudio was in a sort of audio loop, due to some bug…

Yes odd.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Andrew O'Brien
Envoyé : lundi 15 février 2021 23:26
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] All modes sound the same , suddenly .

Patrick , I was able to establish that when I simply used Multipsk and a speaker from my Windows PC, the tones produced by Multipsk were normal . Olivia sounded like Olivia and PSK31 sounded like PSK31 . So I thought it had to be something in PowerSDR . I used a separate brand new install of PowerSDR but the problem was still there . I also have both VBaudio and VAC installed . Even though Multipsk and PowerSDR are set to use VAC , I decided to uninstall VBaudio , and planned to also uninstall VAC if removing VBaudio did not solve the problem . However , after uninstalling VBaudio the problem went away . All tones sound normal now . Very odd . Hopefully the problem does not return. Windows 10 did update this weekend , perhaps is related . 

Andy K3UK 

On Feb 15, 2021, at 2:18 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Andy,

This is really strange ! Could you make a new installation of Multipsk in a test directory and install a loudspeaker at the sound card output, then TX  in PSK31 and then in Olivia. Do you have still the same modulation (which sounds PSK31).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Andrew O'Brien
Envoyé : lundi 15 février 2021 17:54
Objet : [multipsk] All modes sound the same , suddenly .

Anyone have ideas on how to solve this ?  See https://youtu.be/9Jrbbnl0nX8

Suddenly, all my transmitted tones sound the same, regardless of which digital mode I choose.  In the video you will see me try PSK31 and then Olivia in Multipsk.  It is NOT Multipsk that is the problem.  The same happens if I choose Winwarbler, Fldigi, and others. I am using PowerSDR and a Flex 3000, with Windows 10 .  I use VAC but also have tried it with VBaudio and also Voicemeter. All has been working well until this week.

--

Andy K3UK

Andrew O'Brien

Patrick , I was able to establish that when I simply used Multipsk and a speaker from my Windows PC, the tones produced by Multipsk were normal . Olivia sounded like Olivia and PSK31 sounded like PSK31 . So I thought it had to be something in PowerSDR . I used a separate brand new install of PowerSDR but the problem was still there . I also have both VBaudio and VAC installed . Even though Multipsk and PowerSDR are set to use VAC , I decided to uninstall VBaudio , and planned to also uninstall VAC if removing VBaudio did not solve the problem . However , after uninstalling VBaudio the problem went away . All tones sound normal now . Very odd . Hopefully the problem does not return. Windows 10 did update this weekend , perhaps is related . 

Andy K3UK 

On Feb 15, 2021, at 2:18 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Andy,

This is really strange ! Could you make a new installation of Multipsk in a test directory and install a loudspeaker at the sound card output, then TX  in PSK31 and then in Olivia. Do you have still the same modulation (which sounds PSK31).

Patrick

Suddenly, all my transmitted tones sound the same, regardless of which digital mode I choose.  In the video you will see me try PSK31 and then Olivia in Multipsk.  It is NOT Multipsk that is the problem.  The same happens if I choose Winwarbler, Fldigi, and others. I am using PowerSDR and a Flex 3000, with Windows 10 .  I use VAC but also have tried it with VBaudio and also Voicemeter. All has been working well until this week.

--

Andy K3UK

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Andy,

Patrick

--

Andy K3UK

Andrew O'Brien

--
Andy K3UK