LES Id 141 Unknown

Sergio Sarabia

Hello, out of curiosity, can someone tell me where to find or what provider and country belongs to the LES 141 code (1539,695 MHz) of the Inmarsat-3 F5 54ºW AOR-E satellite?

Thanks

F6DFB

Edited

LES FUCINO (Italy) LES 105 Telecom Italia on 1 539.695 MHz (channel N° 11878) on INMARSAT 3F5 AOR-E.

F6DFB

Edited

On the other hand, I have just checked on the orbital position of 54 ° W, no emission currently of the LES of FUCINO on 1 539.695 MHz.

F6DFB

Edited

Effectively, in EGC signaling on 1541.450 MHz AOR-E, a message specifies the presence of the unknown LES 141 (WinSTD-C software):

Status Srv1 Srv2
LES Frequency 87654 87654321 87654321 Location
101 ----.--- [6OICO] [ASCT-DNF P-AIB--L]
102 1539,615 [6OICO] [ASCTHDNF -LAIB--L] Burum-2 Pays-Bas Inmarsat Solutions
103 1539,635 [6OICO] [ASCTHDNF -LAIB--L] KDDI Yamaguchi Japon
104 1539,595 [6OICO] [ASCTHDNF PLAIB--L] EIK Marlink
105 ----.--- [6OICO] [ASCT--NF P-AIB--L]
112 1539,505 [6OICO] [ASCTHDNF -LAIB--L] BURUM Stratos
121 1539,675 [6OICO] [ASCT-DNF PLAIB--L] Marlink AUSSAGUEL
141 1539,695 [6OICO] [ASCT-DNF -LAIB--L] Unknown

Sergio Sarabia

Since I did not find any information on the Internet, I assume it is a new provider. So we await news about this new Id 141.

F6DFB

Yes, I also searched the internet but found nothing.
Perhaps the code 141 is used by the INMARSAT company or an operator of LES for the management of radio channels (?).

F6DFB

Reading the signaling of the NCS channel on 1541.450 MHz to date, I no longer notice the LESO (Land Earth Station Operator) ID 141.

I found an old LESO code ID 341 which was assigned to the operator Vishipel Vietnam. The first digit 3 of code 341 indicates the ID of the Oceanic Region. In this case, 3 represents the IOR region.

Sergio Sarabia

Vishipel currently uses 230 and 330. 341 seems to be an old code, can the same provider (x30 & x41) use two different codes?

Sergio Sarabia

It seems that yes, there are others who show it. So can we assume that x41 is Vishipel?

David L. Wilson

I believe there is no LES 141.  I watched the frequency for a good time and there is no one using it.  Also, per your above, the frequency for LES 101 actually decodes as a non-INMSARSAT frequency (the highest channel number in bits but not a good frequency).  In fact,  LES 101 continues to be turned on and off on 1539.665--you will see that if you sit on the frequency--it has done that for many months--may be over a year.   And LES 105 was on the frequency 1539.695 now being listed for LES 141, whihc no one seems to be using. I suspect when LES 105 abandoned it, somehow the bulletin board filled in 141--may be just caused by a wire being unplugged.
I have seen similar bulletin board screw-ups bu on INMARSAT IsatM2M/INMARSAT-D.  On it, two different ground locations were simultaneously keying the bulletin board and you could only see that if one looked at waterfall displays of the tones and they were "distorted" due to the same tones having different phase and there was even  a better indication of the problem--the simultaneous keying different in one tone due to the station ID's having different bits where 5 of the bits were converted to a tone.   I wrote INMARSAT about that and even got email back thanking me for identifying a problem.  My experience though is that errors like this go on unless they actually cause a noticeable problem.