#HelpNeeded with special characters #HelpNeeded

Jim AJ8S

Edited

I am running Windows 10. How do I set Mulitpsk so that it will properly display the special characters such as accents and umlauts? They display correctly in Fldigi but in Multipsk I see only the escape sequence.

Thanks, Jim AJ8S

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Jim,

I just tested the transmission and reception of accented characters and the ß in BPSK31, between 2 occurrences of Multipsk. It works well on the default font.

Don’t have you change of Multipsk font? If so come back to Arial.

You can also come back to the default parameters (click on “By default” on the “Parameters” panel).

Now about transmission between Fldigi, Mixw and Multipsk for accented characters: there are not compatible from each other. I just realized this tonight.

A “é” transmitted by Fldigi is received as é  by Multipsk and as  テゥ by Mixw. It seems to be coded on two characters (UTF-8 ?). I use ANSI (one character). I will see this.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Jim AJ8S
Envoyé : mercredi 3 février 2021 15:10
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : [multipsk] #HelpNeeded with special characters

[Edited Message Follows]

I am running Windows 10. How do I set Mulitpsk so that it will properly display the special characters such as accents and umlauts? They display correctly in Fldigi but in Multipsk I see only the escape sequence.

Thanks, Jim AJ8S

Jim AJ8S

Thanks, Patrick.  I set my keyboard for English International so I can now input the special characters. I was using Courier New and it seems to display the special characters OK. Now I am just waiting to have a QSO with a German station to check it. I'm guessing it will work now. - Jim

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Jim,

>Courier New

Yes this font is OK for accented characters.

>I'm guessing it will work now. - Jim

Only if the other Ham uses Multipsk. If he/she uses Fldigi or Mixw, it will not work.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Jim AJ8S
Envoyé : jeudi 4 février 2021 16:16
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] #HelpNeeded with special characters

Thanks, Patrick.  I set my keyboard for English International so I can now input the special characters. I was using Courier New and it seems to display the special characters OK. Now I am just waiting to have a QSO with a German station to check it. I'm guessing it will work now. - Jim