#HelpNeeded with special characters #HelpNeeded

Jim AJ8S

Edited

I am running Windows 10. How do I set Mulitpsk so that it will properly display the special characters such as accents and umlauts? They display correctly in Fldigi but in Multipsk I see only the escape sequence.

Thanks, Jim AJ8S

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Jim,

I just tested the transmission and reception of accented characters and the ß in BPSK31, between 2 occurrences of Multipsk. It works well on the default font.

Don’t have you change of Multipsk font? If so come back to Arial.

You can also come back to the default parameters (click on “By default” on the “Parameters” panel).

Now about transmission between Fldigi, Mixw and Multipsk for accented characters: there are not compatible from each other. I just realized this tonight.

A “é” transmitted by Fldigi is received as é  by Multipsk and as  テゥ by Mixw. It seems to be coded on two characters (UTF-8 ?). I use ANSI (one character). I will see this.