#HelpNeeded with #MultiPSK and SDR# or SpyServer - #Beginner #HelpNeeded #multipsk

BGNLouie

Hello everyone.
i have a rather complex set up with multiple Raspberry Pi's, 6 Dongles with splitters, LNA, Band stops, etc.. and they are set up in a rather remote location in my apartment, so a direct USB connection of the Dongles to my PC is not possible.

One of my Pi boxes has two dongles running multiple things, one of which is SpyServer which works great with SDR# on my network, and i usually pipe audio output from SDR# to different decoders.
now with MultiPSK i have had good success using soundcard input for things like ORBCOMM and CW.. however i've had limited success with others.

The best solution i've had so far was using "VirtualHere" USB over TCP/IP, but tuning with the built in Radio Interface of MultiPSK isn't easy for catching signals on the waterfall and tuning into them.
Any tips? is there a way or plan for MultiPSK to directly connect to a spyserver? or is there a plugin for SDR# that can output raw streams over TCP/UDP perhaps to send full IQ rather than demodulated Audio?

Thanks for the time and help!

Louie

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Louie,

The standard is to use a Virtual sound card between SDR# and Multipsk.

>is there a way or plan for MultiPSK to directly connect to a spyserver?

If you mean the airspy SDR, there is no equivalent to rtl_rcp.exe or rsp_tcp.exe.

For about to link to the spyserver itself, I suppose that it’s a proprietary protocol of SDR#, and in all cases, emulating SDR# is beyond my competences.

As far as I know SDR# proposes a way to export rough IQ samples at 48 kHz 16 bits, which could be exported via a Virtual sound card to Multipsk. Once done, on Multipsk, it is enough to push the “Direct via the sound card” button in the “I/Q interfaces for SDR transceivers” panel. You will have a 48 kHz spectrum at your  disposal.

[...]

Thank you for the reply
Yes i do use sdrsharp audio output (48kHz) to feed MultiPSK and it works mostly well for some protocols depending on the demodulation mode i select.
for example, for VDLM2 and ORBCOMM i must set Modulation to RAW in SDR# and PSK in MultiPSK
However there's NO combination i managed to decode ACARS with using that set up.

any ideas on what to try for that?

Thank you

Louie

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Louie,

>Yes i do use sdrsharp audio output (48kHz) to feed MultiPSK and it works mostly well for some protocols depending on the demodulation mode i select.
Audio output is not I/Q signal. Audio output means that the demodulation has been done by SDR#.

If you sent I/Q signals (rough signals as received by the SdR, so before demodulation), demodulation is done by Multipsk.

In your configuration (demodulation by SdR#), you must ask to SDR# to demodulate according to the modulation of the mode. For example ACARS is modulated in AM, so you must click on AM on SDR# side.

Note to help you to select the right modulation:  if you click on the “QRGs” button on Multipsk, the modulation is selected (“AM” for ACARS).