Topics

Test version 5 of the Multipsk version 4.43.1 - Improvement of the EGC decoding + List of frequencies on Multipsk

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Tseug,

Yes this corresponds to my list (in more precise).

More generally, about frequencies:

Click on the button "QRG" to get all the more or less HF used frequencies.

Click also on “Mode” and “Frequencies used” (for more information about frequencies).

You have also the frequencies used by the Multipsk “Satellites” window, in the “SATELLITES_FREQUENCIES.TXT” file. For example, for EGC (// are comments):

//EGC

//Hervé 14/12/18 + 06/02/19 - Fred 01/02/19

4-F3 EGC 1537.7000

3-F5 EGC 1541.4500 

4-F1 EGC 1541.4500

4A-F4 EGC 1537.1000

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de tseug via groups.io
Envoyé : dimanche 28 juin 2020 08:26
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Test version 5 of the Multipsk version 4.43.1 - Improvement of the EGC decoding

David, thanks, I meant to post the Inmarsat C NCS freqs within the thread for convenience:

1537.1000MHz, NCS, ALPHASAT (4AF4), LES 344, Region IOR (EMEA)
1541.4500MHz, NCS, Inmarsat 3F5, LES 144, Region AOR-E
1537.7000MHz, NCS, Inmarsat 4F3, LES 044, Region AOR-W (AMER)
1541.4500MHz, NCS, Inmarsat 4F1, LES 244, Region POR

with the active satellite info but obviously messed up whilst cutting & pasting a 'long' post on my smartphone :(

Another indoor antenna option would be to take one from an old 'Worldspace' radio. Maybe find something like that at a a car boot sale / garage sale though they weren't very common.

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Operarore1426

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 10:18 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:
with the active satellite info but obviously messed up whilst cutting & pasting a 'long' post on my smartphone :(

Another indoor antenna option would be to take one from an old 'Worldspace' radio. Maybe find something like that at a a car boot sale / garage sale though they weren't very common.

Hello guys.
I am in Rome and I receive the IOR satellite. As described it should receive in the east until after Pakistan and the central Atlantic. I also happen to receive from the Caribbean islands which should be from the AORW satellite.
IOR (AF1 satellite (25 ° E), what do they refer to 25 ° E? Not starting from the North at 0 °?

Regards
------------------------------------------------------
Maurizio - I 0570/RM/SWL (Rome - Italy)

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Maurizio,

All these geostationary satellites are around 0° of latitude, so 25°E refers to the longitude. See  the snapshot below, which shows that these satellites are roughly above the equator, with different longitudes.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Operarore1426
Envoyé : lundi 29 juin 2020 14:24
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Test version 5 of the Multipsk version 4.43.1 - Improvement of the EGC decoding + List of frequencies on Multipsk

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 10:18 AM, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

Hello guys.

I am in Rome and I receive the IOR satellite. As described it should receive in the east until after Pakistan and the central Atlantic. I also happen to receive from the Caribbean islands which should be from the AORW satellite.

IOR (AF1 satellite (25 ° E), what do they refer to 25 ° E? Not starting from the North at 0 °?

Regards

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Operarore1426

Hello Patrick
Thanks for the information and the snapshot
Maurizio