Topics

SdRPlay RSPDX - Interface with Multipsk

Patrick Lindecker

Hello to all,

I saw in another forum, that the SDRplay technicians have issued a new version of “TCP SERVER V.1.1” (7th April 2020), which can be interfaced with Multipsk. This new program can be downloaded here: https://www.sdrplay.com/software/SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip

It would be necessary to start the “TCP SERVER V.1.1” before Multipsk.

Patrick

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

mike agner

i have added this information to the wiki. It remains to be seen if this new server changes any of the instructions.  They can be found at

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Nice Mike. It misses only that the new version 1.1 permits  the RSPDX model to interface with Multipsk (which was not possible with the version 1.0).

A confirmation will be welcome…

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de mike agner
Envoyé : dimanche 28 juin 2020 21:28
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] SdRPlay RSPDX - Interface with Multipsk

i have added this information to the wiki. It remains to be seen if this new server changes any of the instructions.  They can be found at

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Mike

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

mike agner

Edited

Yes, let's see if the RSPDX now works - and just as important,  if the instructions for that differ from the other 2 sets of instructions we already have. Notes and confirmations solicited.

Once we get some folks looking at this, and hopefully making it work, I'll make further edits to include the RSP DX

Mike

Philip

Hello Patrick.
I just unziped all of the files in SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip, into the multipsk folder. Starts within multipsk, works fine.
But you have got to use API V3.07.
Philip G7JUR

agene

Thanks Philip,

I can confirm that using the RSPdx with the files contained in SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip which is available from Mike Agner's site works fine, I have it running now receiving L-Band Aero on 1545.035 MHz  from the 4-F1 satellite.

I am using Patrick's latest Test version 5 of MultiPSK

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

mike agner

OK I can add a section for the RSP DX now that we have a couple of confirmations. One question - of the procedures that you see on that wiki page, which one did you use to make this work?  There are 2 somewhat different procedures there, and I want to be able to point to the one that works. Are you using the RSP Duo instructions, and which method - the direct or indirect method?

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello to all,

Thanks Mike and Philip.

I tried this new version 1.1 with my RSP1A  and, unfortunately, it does not work.  So it is not “backward compatible”. It’s a pity. So I will keep the previous  1.0 version on the Multipsk package.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Philip
Envoyé : vendredi 3 juillet 2020 00:04

Hello Patrick.
I just unziped all of the files in SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip, into the multipsk folder. Starts within multipsk, works fine.
But you have got to use API V3.07.
Philip G7JUR

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Philip

Hello Patrick

It will only work with the Sdrplay API version 3.07 installed.

Philip.

Philip

Hello Patrick.
Version 1.1 will work with all Sdrplays, including your RSP1a. But only with API V 3.07
Philip.

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

I can confirm that the new one does not work with the RSP2-duo either.
Had to back up to the API3.06.  Then all was good.

Fred

mike agner

It's no problem to add that little gotcha to the details. However, the question remains - using the RSP DX, which of the methods that are already on that page is the one to use- the direct or indirect methods as mentioned in the RSP2 / RSP Duo section?  It's an important detail.

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Philip,

I downloaded the SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip with 3 files inside (2 dll files and rsp_tcp.exe). I added msvcr110.dll which was required instead msvcr100.dll.

With all these 4 files, when I tried to connect I have this error:

“Socket Error n°10061 : Connection refused. You will usually see this error when a server refuses a connection from a client, because the server is not listening on that port.”

So I returned to the previous rsp_rcp1.0 version.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Philip
Envoyé : vendredi 3 juillet 2020 17:52

Hello Patrick.
Version 1.1 will work with all Sdrplays, including your RSP1a. But only with API V 3.07
Philip.

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

For those that are new to the discussion, and don't know what folks are talking about when they mention my article, here's the URL

Assuming you had say a RSP1A and a RSP DX, if you made a separate instance of MultiPSK and loaded the old API for the 1A and the new API for the DX, would that work? Logic tells me yes, since you have to add the correct API to the correct instance of MultiPSK

Mike

mike agner

If you need to restore the older version of the API, it can be found here..

https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads/

Mike

Philip

Hello.

The only way to install API v3.07. Is to install SDRUNO 1.4 beta. This will stop API V3.06 from running. 

I have just tried a RSP1a, and it works fine in multipsk with all the files in SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip installed in the Multipsk folder.
After installing SDRUNO V 1.4 beta which then installs API V3.07.

The next release of SDRCONSOLE V3 will support API V3.07.

At the moment we are at a crossover point

Philip G7JUR.

Philip

You cannot have API V3.06, and API V3.07 install together.
Philip.

mike agner

Edited

f didn't say together - I said in a separate instance of Multipsk.  Different directories, etc.  I would imagine you can't run both instances at the same time - there would be too much conflict between the 2. 

I have added Philip's notes to the wiki

Mike

agene

Hi Mike,

Sorry for delay in response, I am in Australia which has a large time difference from either Europe or USA.

I just copied the 3 files from your SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip file into the MultiPSK folder (test v5)

Ran multipsk from the desktop icon, and in the Config screen Clicked on SDRplay and in the Options selected to turn on the Bias-T

Went to the RX/TX screen and selected AERO

Both my RSPdx and my RSP2 worked fine with this method of operation.

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

mike agner

Not only a large time difference, but a large temperature difference too (heh).  It's currently 93 degrees F.  

I will capture your details in a bit. I want to see if more comes through

Thanks Mike  from the other Mike