Topics

Test version 4 of the Multipsk version 4.43.1 - Improvement of the EGC decoding

Patrick Lindecker

Hello to all,

I propose this test version 4, mainly about the improvement of the EGC decoding (bugs fixed): http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_43_1_test_version_4.zip

Paste this address in your Internet Explorer or equivalent. Download the file.
Extract the ZIP file and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe with this test version. Before, make a copy of the “official” Multipsk.exe, in case of.

Thanks to your reports to the group.

David L. Wilson

Much much better.  Only problem I see is probably my poor description to you of LES number bit parsing.  Your LES 014 and LES  015 should be showing up as LES 012 and LES 017.

David L. Wilson

Here is a list of the Atlantic LES for which I poorly described how to parse the bits to get the numbers.  You can probably figure out better how to do that by looking at the bits than I can describe how to do it.
On air ID
                              001  101    Southbury (Eik) per literature
STRATOS CSAT    002  102    Burum, Netherlands  (may also be controlled by Perth?)
KDDI YAM              003  103    Yamaguchi, Japan
EIK LES                 004  104     Eik, Norway
NL BURUM LES     012  112     Burum 12, Netherlands
ASG 21 LES          021   121    Aussaguel, France

David L. Wilson

I should have added:  When the bits are parsed the right way, the Atlantic INMARSAT-C NCS should appear as 044 and 144 respectively.

Patrick Lindecker

Hello David,

TKS for your comment. The parsing is clear: the 6 first bits for LES number and the two last bits for region.

>Your LES 014 and LES  015 should be showing up as LES 012 and LES 017.

In which type of Packet (i.e. “bulletin board packet” ?),  do you see this?

If not in “bulletin board packet”, is the region/LES number correct always correct in the “bulletin board packets”?

Much much better.  Only problem I see is probably my poor description to you of LES number bit parsing.  Your LES 014 and LES  015 should be showing up as LES 012 and LES 017.

David,

>INMARSAT-C NCS should appear as 044 and 144 respectively.

As far as I know, NCS number is 44  (in decimal), not 44 in octal.

So I have a doubt. Are you sure that LCS numbers (“044” for example) must  be read in octal and not in decimal (i.e 0/44)? Is it written somewhere?

Have you equivalent of the NCS number in hexa (you told me that some program issue the hexa value)?