Topics

MultiPSK and Windows

Steve Rose

Hi Mike,

Yes your right about  Win 10 updates and driver updates..

Most of my issues have been solved and in reality have been using 8 year old laptop and upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and there is some residue left over..
It was never a  clean install and  upgraded with a CD Win 10 upgrade. .For some reason Win 10 sees my Winradio Virtual Sound Card as a sound source...even if I am not using Winradio..which is probably right..
Saying goes....if aint broke don't fix it)

Touch wood as of today have sorted sound out and with a new Samsung 500gb SSD Drive is very very fast)
73
Steve

MadMike

Hi Steve,

I still don't think there is any problem with Windows 10 sound. I have checked the Windows logs and I have had 10 updates to Windows 10 in the past 6 months and have never had any problems with the sound. My sound card is the built in Realtek sound system on the MSI motherboard.

So maybe there is a problem with some sound card drivers rather than a Windows problem, could it be that some sound card drivers are not updated regularly? Or the user is not keeping their drivers updated? Realtek certainly appear to release updated drivers fairly regularly.

Steve Rose

Hi Peter,

Nope your not missing anything......the original heading of Multipsk Unusable was / is  very unfortunate and not true...
Updated from Win 7 to Win 10 and have many sound issues..
Every time Win 10 gets updated....some very stable programs seem to have issues including sound.....your not alone).

73
Steve UK

Derek Henderson

OK Ihave learnt something ! So if it is as simple as that what is all the fuss about
MPSK being unusable ? Or Am I missing something ??

Thanks Pieter

Pieter <info@...>

Derek, it has nothing to do with your internal or external audio device. It is only the microphone setting. Windows is very fond of the privacy of their users and turns the microphone off with an update. This must be switched on again with every update

Derek Henderson

Yes Pieter I have the same trouble I now use an external sound card Why do they not leave things alone!! Derek

Sent from my iPad

On 2 Dec 2019, at 10:11, Pieter <@PD4P> wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, with every update of Windows the settings of the microphone change (in connection with your privacy). And the input and / or output port of your soundcard will also be reset. I use Voice Meeter Banana and have to reset Windows so that he sees the VoiceMeeter In and Output as the default device.

View/Reply Online (#2722): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2722
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more! <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io

Pieter <info@...>