Topics

Using Multipsk for decoding audio from a PC with a browser interface to online SDRs #Beginner #HelpNeeded #Soundcard #multipsk

Terry Colgan <tcolgan@...>

Hello from Austin, Texas.

Because of insane local QRN, I do almost all my listening remotely on others' SDRs using one of the Windows 10 browsers.

To be clear, I'm not listening to a local SDR.

So the issue is how to set up Multipsk to decode the audio I hear using the browser?

I've Googled the subject and think I've looked at everything posted in this group, but have not found what I need.  Perhaps I missed something?

I'm fairly conversant about computers but I've not been able to figure out how to make the program work.

I'm certain it's easy to do, but I need some step-by-step suggestions/instructions.

Thanks for your help.

73 de WD5GWC

Andrew O'Brien

I am not sure that I fully understand your question but I think you want to have Multipsk receive the audio your computer speakers are hearing. To do that, you would configure Multipsk's "Sound Card Input" to the same audio source that your speakers use. Using that setting, any audio you PC plays …

Andy K3UK

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:21 PM Terry Colgan <tcolgan@...> wrote:
Hello from Austin, Texas.

Because of insane local QRN, I do almost all my listening remotely on others' SDRs using one of the Windows 10 browsers.

To be clear, I'm not listening to a local SDR.

So the issue is how to set up Multipsk to decode the audio I hear using the browser?

I've Googled the subject and think I've looked at everything posted in this group, but have not found what I need.  Perhaps I missed something?

I'm fairly conversant about computers but I've not been able to figure out how to make the program work.

I'm certain it's easy to do, but I need some step-by-step suggestions/instructions.

Thanks for your help.

73 de WD5GWC -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#2217): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2217
Mute #soundcard: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=soundcard&subid=3343101
Mute #beginner: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=beginner&subid=3343101
Mute #helpneeded: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=helpneeded&subid=3343101
Mute #multipsk: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=multipsk&subid=3343101
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more!   <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

--
Andy

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Terry,

The most simple is a cable between the sound card input (towards Multipsk) and the sound card output (from the WEB SDR).

In the mixer properties, delete all the digital effects (for microphone and speakers).

Of course a virtual cable would be better between the WEB SDR and Multipsk but I don’t know if it is possible.

Because of insane local QRN, I do almost all my listening remotely on others' SDRs using one of the Windows 10 browsers.

To be clear, I'm not listening to a local SDR.

So the issue is how to set up Multipsk to decode the audio I hear using the browser?

I've Googled the subject and think I've looked at everything posted in this group, but have not found what I need.  Perhaps I missed something?

I'm fairly conversant about computers but I've not been able to figure out how to make the program work.

I'm certain it's easy to do, but I need some step-by-step suggestions/instructions.

Thanks for your help.

73 de WD5GWC

Terry Colgan <tcolgan@...>

Thank you Patrick and Andy!

One last Q for now: can I send the audio to both Multipsk and speakers/headphones?  Seems like it should be possible, but not sure how to do that.  TIA.

73 de WD5GWC

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

It is possible.  VAC channels show up in MultiPSK as inputs
after it is installed.  I use it all the time for copying "local"
information from remote SDR's.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Steve <driller_sm@...>

A second sound card or a USB sound card dongle should work.

On Jul 23, 2019 1:28 PM, Terry Colgan <tcolgan@...> wrote:
Thank you Patrick and Andy!

One last Q for now: can I send the audio to both Multipsk and speakers/headphones?  Seems like it should be possible, but not sure how to do that.  TIA.

73 de WD5GWC

You could but the impedance of the speakers set in parallel with the sound card input must be high so as to reduce not too much the signal level (amplified speakers might be OK).