Topics

Multipsk vs Display Launcher

MarioLuciano

Hello, everyone,
I am an Italian SWL (IZ1067SWL) and always follow with great interest the discussions of this group. I wanted to report an anomaly between the Display Launcher software and the Multipsk software: if in the Multipsk reports (QSO file) the number 0 is set as crossed out (Ø) the Display Launcher software does not read the QSO file of Mutipsk, and does not even update in real time. Maybe it was already reported, but I couldn't find it. I hope I've been useful.
Mario

P.S. sorry if my English translation is imprecise, but I know little about English and have translated everything with an online translator.

My equipment:

S.O. Windows 7 64 bit
Radio: ICOM IC-R8600
Antenna: Wellbrook ALA1530 S+
Software used: Multipsak vers.4.39 and Display Launcher European version

Operarore1426

Thanks for the useful information.
How did you set MultiPSK and Display Launcher? Thank you

I also use the translator to do fast.

73's Maurizio

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mario,

>the number 0 is set as crossed out (Ø)

Of course, you can cancel the transformation of “0” to “Ø” by extracting the button “Ø” (at least when you use Display Launcher).

I am an Italian SWL (IZ1067SWL) and always follow with great interest the discussions of this group. I wanted to report an anomaly between the Display Launcher software and the Multipsk software: if in the Multipsk reports (QSO file) the number 0 is set as crossed out (Ø) the Display Launcher software does not read the QSO file of Mutipsk, and does not even update in real time. Maybe it was already reported, but I couldn't find it. I hope I've been useful.

Mario

P.S. sorry if my English translation is imprecise, but I know little about English and have translated everything with an online translator.

My equipment:

S.O. Windows 7 64 bit
Radio: ICOM IC-R8600
Antenna: Wellbrook ALA 1530 S+
Software: Multipsk vers.4.39 and Display Launcher European version

MadMike

Hi Mario (and others),

I have checked the code in Display-Launcher, and the only module in the 'European' version of Display-Launcher which did not correctly handle the character "Ø" in Display-Launcher is the Aero-Display module, all the others automatically converted 'Ø' to '0' . I have modified AERO_Display.exe to do the same. You can download it from

Please note that Display-Launcher only works with the English language version of MultiPSK, it does not work with the French or Spanish language versions except for HFDL-Display which does have the option to handle the French version of MultiPSK.

MarioLuciano

Hi Maurizio, the Multipsk settings are those indicated in the Display Launcher Help and are:

1) For Multipsk: set the GMDSS/ATIS mode, the frequency is one of those indicated in the context help of Multipsk, and then set the backup time by going to "QSO -> Regular Backup -> and putting 20 seconds through the buttons with the arrow symbol. Then press the Return button and return to the RX-TX screen. Put the listening frequency in the upper left box otherwise the QSO file is a wrong report, do not activate the zero button crossed out in the lower left, AGC and AFC I leave them active and at this point you should be able to decode the various messages of the ships. Now start Display Launcher.

2) In Display Launcher select GMDSS Display mode, when you start the screen where there will be then the grid where the listens will be reported, press the Options button and select the path to the QSO file of Mutipsk, confirm it and you will return again to the screen where there is the grid. Now press the Start button of Display Launcher and you should see the various messages received from the Multipsk appear.

73's Mario

MarioLuciano

Hi Patrick, very kind of you.

I discovered it after many attempts with Display Launcher. Now it looks like all Launcher Display modules are working properly. Patrick, I wanted to ask you a question: when I decode signals in VDL2, strange characters are recorded in the Multipsk QSO file, especially in the "Message type" field, and then Display Launcher interprets them incorrectly. I wanted to ask you which buttons to keep pressed in the "Frames Display" field, I keep pressed the I/UI and XID buttons. I'll attach a screenshot of the QSO file. Thank you and see you soon.

73

Mario

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mario,

The first line of characters are here without meaning but I can’t know if the data has a meaning or not. So the data are displayed in Hexa and in ASCII/ANSI, the user will see if it is text or not.

For the second it is  _+CHR(127) (the meaning follows)

>I wanted to ask you which buttons to keep pressed in the "Frames Display" field, I keep pressed the I/UI and XID buttons.

It’s up to you. Look at the hint associated with each button (stay with the mouse one second over each one)

I discovered it after many attempts with Display Launcher. Now it looks like all Launcher Display modules are working properly. Patrick, I wanted to ask you a question: when I decode signals in VDL2, strange characters are recorded in the Multipsk QSO file, especially in the "Message type" field, and then Display Launcher interprets them incorrectly. I wanted to ask you which buttons to keep pressed in the "Frames Display" field, I keep pressed the I/UI and XID buttons. I'll attach a screenshot of the QSO file. Thank you and see you soon.

73

Mario

Operarore1426

Hi Mario,