Topics

Other Marine channels on L band

Paul Gulliver

Patrick,

I've just started monitoring other marine channels on L band and with the "information" button depressed I'm getting readable text (with Multipsk in EGC mode) but all the messages are "Unknown".

Am I using the correct mode or are these messages encrypted or outside the scope of Multipsk?

Typical examples:

Unknown packet: AD
[AD0D1A6E054C5521002E4AED86A16B]

Unknown packet: 91
[91061A6E054C048C]

<08/06/19 17:12:12>
Unknown packet: 2A
[2A197AEF4CF2000000A076]

<08/06/19 17:12:20>
Unknown packet: 2A
[2A3802F04CF50EFB45809D]

<08/06/19 17:12:46>
Unknown packet: AD
[AD0D197AEF4C5521002E4A0886B448]

Unknown packet: 91
[9106197AEF4C1B80]

Cheers

Paul

gerrykuk

Hi Paul in the past year when I tried to decode Marine chs I found zero o/p on Messages and some o/p on unknown but Information had hexa messages mixed up with information just checked on  1539.412 700 usb ch312 Burum and seems to be case.Did not do anything about it as was not a EGC problem. 73 Gerry

Patrick Lindecker

Paul,

The decoding (AD…) of these messages is now confirmed. I had no examples, but now I have.

The sole message missing is the BD one. Moreover, the BE one is not well decoded as I don’t know exactly what gives the BD message, without example (what is sure is that BD is the first and BE the second of a “multiframes” message).

In the next Multipsk version, I will considered BD and BE as “Unknowns”, until having examples (i.e. messages in hexa).