Topics

#RSID Modes detected 20M #RSID

Andrew OBrien

FYI modes detected yesterday on 20M 14070-73

22:09:09 UTC ALE400            2514 Hz
21:42:23 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2185 Hz
21:36:40 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2573 Hz
21:26:46 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2314 Hz
21:21:05 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2519 Hz
21:18:41 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2309 Hz
21:18:35 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2314 Hz
21:14:35 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2309 Hz
21:08:37 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2314 Hz
21:06:20 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2304 Hz
19:55:46 UTC OLIVIA-4-250      1458 Hz
18:06:44 UTC BPSK31            1798 Hz
17:59:50 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2492 Hz
16:09:15 UTC OLIVIA-16-500     2384 Hz
15:05:19 UTC MFSK16            2147 Hz
15:00:26 UTC MFSK16            2153 Hz

Andy K3UK

Patrick Lindecker

TKS for the information Andy.

So the RSID is still used (with one related to BPSK31, which is curious, or perhaps BPSK31 is becoming an exotic mode ☺).

FYI modes detected yesterday on 20M 14070-73

22:09:09 UTC ALE400            2514 Hz
21:42:23 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2185 Hz
21:36:40 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2573 Hz
21:26:46 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2314 Hz
21:21:05 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2519 Hz
21:18:41 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2309 Hz
21:18:35 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2314 Hz
21:14:35 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2309 Hz
21:08:37 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2314 Hz
21:06:20 UTC OLIVIA-8-500      2304 Hz
19:55:46 UTC OLIVIA-4-250      1458 Hz
18:06:44 UTC BPSK31            1798 Hz
17:59:50 UTC CONTESTIA-8-250   2492 Hz
16:09:15 UTC OLIVIA-16-500     2384 Hz
15:05:19 UTC MFSK16            2147 Hz
15:00:26 UTC MFSK16            2153 Hz

Andy K3UK

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

The RSID capability is a great one, and the algorithm is very sensitive.
I listen to several HF radio programs that use RSID for changing modes.
That is the only way it is practical, because, with time zones and prop,
we have to have an automatic method for mode changes, as the programs
are at all hours of the day and night.

Take a listen to Short Wave Radiogram (SWR), produced by
Kim Andrew Elliott (http://swradiogram.net), or Broad Spectrum Radio,
(http://broadspectrumradio.com/about-bsr/shortwave-radio-schedule/bsr-international-shortwave-broadcasts/).

Both have weekly schedules of digital mode transmissions using RSID
with pictures and text in varying modes.

A particularly interesting one is the SWR transmission on 13690kHz which
uses WINB (Red Lion, PA USA) to send DRM audio.  Currently that transmission
is at 1500-1530 UTC on Friday.  I am in the skip zone, so I copy via
an European KiwiSDR.

For this DRM version, Kim has built a program using many different digital
modes which decode pretty well using MultiPSK.  Some of these are very
fast text modes, and pictures are added in.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Great day,

Fred

Fred Albertson
Broadway, VA USA

Andrew O'Brien

I have often heard RSID for PSK31 , seems odd but perhaps useful these days . I am surprised how many hams are still very in uncertain about how to become active on digital modes . It is interesting to watch the comments and questions from new FT8 users . Same questions we all asked in 1999 when PSK31 was new and we had no idea how to link radio and computer .
Andy K3UK.