Topics

#aero #aero

Roland Fechter

Hallo,
I am glad to report that thanks to my new Anjo Inmarsat Yagi and my NSDR Smartee dongle plus my barebone LNA I manage finally to
get aero signals. However Jaero refuses to decode these, saying "cant find or load the libraries necessary for aeroambe".
I have now installed MSYS2 MinGW 64 bit in my Windows 10 OS. Apparently this is not good enough as I still receive the Jaero complaint about missing libraries !
I know that there are many members of your group decoding successfully Aero data via Sdrsharp/ Jaero.
I would be most grateful for your help re these missing libraries and their Installation into Jaero.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Kind regards,

Aeroamble is for voice messages only - it will not effect the decoding of standard L band or C band aero messages - I get the same error message but still manage to decode OK

Ignore the error message and check the following:
Are you using a virtual audio cable to pass to pass the audio from your receiver to Jaero? The standard soundcard/speaker line is not suitable
Are you getting all three green lights in Jaero? (Volume,signal and data)
Have you selected the correct speed for the signal you're receiving?

Paul

On 14/01/2019 at 15:45, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:

However Jaero refuses to decode these, saying "cant find or load the libraries necessary for aeroambe".

Willi Rauschenberg

Hi Roland,

just do not take notice of "Can't find or load all the libraries necessary for aeroambe. You will not get audio."

This is for information only and does not effect the decoding. Audio between groundstations and planes can occasionally heard in C-band.
JAERO also decodes audio, but due to legal reasons regarding patents it is necessary to compile the audio decoder manually from source.
73
Willi

ror"Am 14.01.2019 um 16:45 schrieb Roland Fechter:

Hallo,
I am glad to report that thanks to my new Anjo Inmarsat Yagi and my NSDR Smartee dongle plus my barebone LNA I manage finally to
get aero signals. However Jaero refuses to decode these, saying "cant find or load the libraries necessary for aeroambe".
I have now installed MSYS2 MinGW 64 bit in my Windows 10 OS. Apparently this is not good enough as I still receive the Jaero complaint about missing libraries !
I know that there are many members of your group decoding successfully Aero data via Sdrsharp/ Jaero.
I would be most grateful for your help re these missing libraries and their Installation into Jaero.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Kind regards,
Roland

Roland Fechter

Thanks for your reply, Paul !

Yes, I DO use a virtual cable from my sdrsharp to Jaero. I never get all three green lights in Jaero - at most only volume, very rarely shortly signal and never data !

Never all 3 lights together !  I do try different frequs and speeds following the information you and other members kindly offer to me - only once I got a EBNo of 9-10 -

mostly far below and even then no decoding !  I am going to change my set-up linking my dongle next to my LNA and then feeding currency from my notebook to my dongle via a 20m long active USB cable. Maybe THIS is the solution to my problem !?

Thanks once again for your kind interest in my non-ending ? saga !!!

Am 14.01.2019 um 17:05 schrieb Paul Gulliver:

Roland

Aeroamble is for voice messages only - it will not effect the decoding of standard L band or C band aero messages - I get the same error message but still manage to decode OK

Ignore the error message and check the following:
Are you using a virtual audio cable to pass to pass the audio from your receiver to Jaero? The standard soundcard/speaker line is not suitable
Are you getting all three green lights in Jaero? (Volume,signal and data)
Have you selected the correct speed for the signal you're receiving?

Paul

On 14/01/2019 at 15:45, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:

However Jaero refuses to decode these, saying "cant find or load the libraries necessary for aeroambe".

Paul Gulliver

Hi Roland,
Just to try and help a bit more I've attached a couple of screenshots of how your SDR# and Jaero should be looking - in this case I'm decoding a 600bps signal.
The SDR# settings are USB with a 5KHz bandwidth.
If you notice the third spike from the left is wider than the others, this is a 1200bps signal

Hope this helps a bit

Paul

Glen Ellenbart

you have to compile the aeroambe files!!!    Follow the steps to the T in all three of these videos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyX4JkTwStA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8g7vNXwaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3OyhHwDkY

MadMike

Hi Roland,

This is a MultiPSK group, so why don't you use MultiPSK to decode your L-Band Aero messages, it works very well, and you can then pass the data  to my freeware Display-Launcher to get a full display of ground to air messages.

Hi Roland,

Well it looks like success at last, I see you're decoding ok. You might want to drop the audio down a bit, I see the volume light in one of your screen shots is red - they should all be green.

It's just a matter of experimenting a bit, tweaking the frequency to give you the least errors and finding which channels give you the most interesting information - 3 or 4 channels carry USAF Military aircraft - C17's, C5's and KC135's and a few others - just depends where your interest lies

There are around 10 to 12 600/1200bps channels on Alphasat all similar signal strengths (see the screen shot I posted a couple of days ago) but not all the channels carry useful data (just monitor each for 30 minutes or so and see what, if anything, comes in).

If you go to around 1546.000 to 1546.200 MHz you should see six 10500bps channels theses carry the most information and you should see the data coming in quite fast. - set the bandwidth to 15 or 20KHz for these.