Topics

Display-Launcher - Decoding

MadMike

Following Tomasz's release of his libacars software earlier this month, there have been some linux programs incorporating the ability to decode most ACARS messages. However Tomasz also released details on using his software in Windows and I have managed to incorporate it into my ACARS-VDL2-Display module in my Display-Launcher suite of programs.

So far this is working fine BUT I live some way from an airport and do not have any UPLINK messages to test. Dick was good enough to send me some QSO messages he had received in MultiPSK but they were from a few years ago (he is now a Linux enthusiast), so I wonder if there is someone on this group who has a few MultiPSK QSO files which include some uplink ACARS and/or VDL2 messages which I might use to finish my testing before releasing the new version of my program.

If so please send as attachment to me at
virtualtrains at tpg dot com dot au

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

I have recording files about ACARS and VDL2 that you can play with Multipsk. Are you interested?

I have also lists of the ACARS message types (and there are a lot…).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de MadMike
E
nvoyé : vendredi 21 décembre 2018 22:21
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : [multipsk] Display-Launcher - Decoding

Following Tomasz's release of his libacars software earlier this month, there have been some linux programs incorporating the ability to decode most ACARS messages. However Tomasz also released details on using his software in Windows and I have managed to incorporate it into my ACARS-VDL2-Display module in my Display-Launcher suite of programs.

So far this is working fine BUT I live some way from an airport and do not have any UPLINK messages to test. Dick was good enough to send me some QSO messages he had received in MultiPSK but they were from a few years ago (he is now a Linux enthusiast), so I wonder if there is someone on this group who has a few MultiPSK QSO files which include some uplink ACARS and/or VDL2 messages which I might use to finish my testing before releasing the new version of my program.

If so please send as attachment to me at

virtualtrains at tpg dot com dot au

Regards, Mike Simpson

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

MadMike

Hi Patrick,

Bob in Canada is sending me some QSO files with the required data, so I think that will be enough for me to work on for my purposes.  I will let you know if there is anything else I need.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks for all your assistance with my programs over the years.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original msg ---------

Hello Mike,

I have recording files about ACARS and VDL2 that you can play with Multipsk. Are you interested?

Patrick

Patrick Lindecker

>I will let you know if there is anything else I need.

No problem Mike.

Merry Christmas and 73

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de MadMike
Envoyé : vendredi 21 décembre 2018 23:06
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Display-Launcher - Decoding

Hi Patrick,

Bob in Canada is sending me some QSO files with the required data, so I think that will be enough for me to work on for my purposes.  I will let you know if there is anything else I need.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks for all your assistance with my programs over the years.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Original msg ---------

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com