Topics

RX ID data posted to Spotcollector ? #RSID

Andrew O'Brien

I notice in JT-Alerts that it now facilitates posting of FT8 reception reports to the "local" network in Spotcollector.  This is useful for Spotcollector users.  I wonder if Multipsk could ever have a feature whereby the RSID reception information is also posted to Spotcollector local network?  Since Multipsk and DX Lab Suite work very well together, this could be a very useful addition.  With the added SDR I/Q direct feature of Multipsk, those of us with SDRs could then receive 'spots" from CW Skimmer, WSJTX, AND other digital modes supported by RSID … all at the same time.

Andy K3UK

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Andy,

I see the idea. However, a spot to SpotCollector must include a call sign, whereas a RS ID does not supply any call sign.

I notice in JT-Alerts that it now facilitates posting of FT8 reception reports to the "local" network in Spotcollector.  This is useful for Spotcollector users.  I wonder if Multipsk could ever have a feature whereby the RSID reception information is also posted to Spotcollector local network?  Since Multipsk and DX Lab Suite work very well together, this could be a very useful addition.  With the added SDR I/Q direct feature of Multipsk, those of us with SDRs could then receive 'spots" from CW Skimmer, WSJTX, AND other digital modes supported by RSID … all at the same time.

Andy K3UK

Andrew OBrien

Yes, I thought of that Patrick perhaps an RSID could have a fake call sign appended to it .  Perhaps RS0ID or something like that and then configure Spotcollector (or DXkeeper ) to accept and announce it :)

Andy K3UK

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Andy,

« RS0ID » for me, it is just a russian callsign J

However, it could be possible to send data to some blog (to create) in the command line :

<WEB address>RSID_mode_MFSK16_from_F6CTE_Loc_ JN18FT_on_7454_KHz.

It would be simple for programs managing RS ID to send data to this blog.