TX Level Attenuator?

Tony

Patrick:

I was wondering if would be possible to add a TX level attenutator to Multipsks front-panel display? It would allow the user adjust digital mode output directly from Multipsk without having to open Windows mixer.

I've attached a screenshot that shows FLDIGI's front-panel attenuator located at the bottom of the GUI. I should mention that the Windows sound card mixer levels remain the same when you adjust the attenuator.

It's useful when switching modes that may require an increase or a decrease in output i.e., when switching from PSK31 to Feld Hell for example.

Maybe something for the wish list.

Tony -K2MO

Russ Tower

An excellent idea Tony! I hope that Patrick can do this. I think that most all hams will find this very useful.

73/Russ
K1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Tony,

It would be a good idea. However, I don't know how to decrease the output signal amplitude without degrading this one, so...