APRS map

David Stark

A couple of feature enhancement requests for the APRS mode.

1) Ability to stop the map window from jumping to the top on every packet reception.  (I had to exit the mode just to type this message.)

2) Ability to collect position plots on Google Earth and not "fly to" every new received position.

73 de Dave, NF2G

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Dave,

>1) Ability to stop the map window from jumping to the top on every packet reception.  (I had to exit the mode just to type this message.)

Do you mean that the “Packet APRS frames decoding/coding” window is not fixed?

If so, it is strange. PSE, could send me your « CONFPSER.SER” file. Perhaps I will be able to emulate this behavior. What Windows version do you use?

2) Ability to collect position plots on Google Earth and not "fly to" every new received position.
Yes, I’ m not sure that this feature is nice. I suppose that you would prefer to display all positions on GE only when you click on the “Display all” button, and no display otherwise?

73

Patrick.

A couple of feature enhancement requests for the APRS mode.

1) Ability to stop the map window from jumping to the top on every packet reception.  (I had to exit the mode just to type this message.)

2) Ability to collect position plots on Google Earth and not "fly to" every new received position.

73 de Dave, NF2G

David Stark

1) Here is the file.

2) I would prefer to have Google Earth remain at the same start location and zoom level while new stations appear on the map when received.  This is the way the built-in map in MultiPSK works.

-Dave, NF2G

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Dave,

>1) Here is the file.
TKS. I test here with your configuration file. The “Packet APRS frames decoding/coding” window remains fixed (it does not move). The problem must be relative to your Windows. However I have no way to solve this.

2) I would prefer to have Google Earth remain at the same start location and zoom level while new stations appear on the map when received.  This is the way the built-in map in MultiPSK works.
This way to work this way is not possible (unfortunately) with GE (let’s say that I don’t know if there is a solution).

I will delete the permanent call to GE (which is a problem). You will have to click on “Display all” to have all the stored positions displayed.

2) I would prefer to have Google Earth remain at the same start location and zoom level while new stations appear on the map when received.  This is the way the built-in map in MultiPSK works.

-Dave, NF2G

David Stark

The author of PlanePlotter seems to have found a way.  Multiple aircraft can be plotted in real time without moving the map view.