ALE -400 - test version 4 of Multipsk

Russ Tower

Hello Patrick,

Ted has yet to install test Version 4 but expect he will have it up and running in a day or two. I used mine this morning and there was no more frequency searching taking place when we had deep fades. Only re-sync data sent.  No change of tones noted. Stayed right on 1500 Hz where I set it. PERFECT! I see that Tony has also tested it and has the same good result I had.

Thank you for your work on this!

73/Russ
K1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Russ,

>There is one last setting that we haven't discussed that has just come to mind. How should we set up regarding "Master" or "Slave"?  I'm thinking that perhaps

In fact with a fixed frequency in both side, there is no notion of Master or Slave. But it is a good question:  I’m going to delete this selection in ARQ FAE because in all cases, this status is managed internally (for ARQ FAE) and it is ambiguous for the user.

For your tests, select “SLAVE” position.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Russ Tower
Envoyé : dimanche 8 juillet 2018 16:38
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] ALE -400 - test version 4 of Multipsk

Hello Patrick,

I have test version #4 installed and I'm ready to start testing with Ted this coming week. I don't anticipate any transceiver drift, so locking in the starting frequency should be the cure.

There is one last setting that we haven't discussed that has just come to mind. How should we set up regarding "Master" or "Slave"?  I'm thinking that perhaps since turning on "FIXED" will keep us on the starting frequency, it will effectively lock the "Master" and "Slave settings out. i.e not matter how they are set. This of course is what we want. Just want to be certain about this.

I will get back to you as soon as we have done adequate testing.

Thank you for all your effort here Patrick.

73/Russ
K1DOW

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Russ Tower

Hello Patrick,

I have test version #4 installed and I'm ready to start testing with Ted this coming week. I don't anticipate any transceiver drift, so locking in the starting frequency should be the cure.

There is one last setting that we haven't discussed that has just come to mind. How should we set up regarding "Master" or "Slave"?  I'm thinking that perhaps since turning on "FIXED" will keep us on the starting frequency, it will effectively lock the "Master" and "Slave settings out. i.e not matter how they are set. This of course is what we want. Just want to be certain about this.

I will get back to you as soon as we have done adequate testing.

Thank you for all your effort here Patrick.

73/Russ
K1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Russ,

>MultiPSK in my regular folder with the test version one and all is well.

It’s the way to do.

>If Ted gets his copy up and running over the weekend we can begin testing Monday morning!
Both of you must push the “fixed” button. The AF frequency will not move. However, of course if one transceiver drifts in frequency, you are going to lose the transmission…

Patrick

Envoyé : samedi 7 juillet 2018 17:35
Objet : Re: [multipsk] ALE -400 - test version 4 of Multipsk

Hello Patrick,

Thank you very much for test version 4. I note that it did not install in my regular MultiPSK folder so I extracted it to it's own folder and replaced the executable MultiPSK in my regular folder with the test version one and all is well. If Ted gets his copy up and running over the weekend we can begin testing Monday morning!

73/Russ
k1DOW

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Russ Tower

Hello Patrick,

Thank you very much for test version 4. I note that it did not install in my regular MultiPSK folder so I extracted it to it's own folder and replaced the executable MultiPSK in my regular folder with the test version one and all is well. If Ted gets his copy up and running over the weekend we can begin testing Monday morning!

73/Russ
k1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Russ,

Here is the test version 4 of Multipsk 4.36:http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_36_test_version_4.zip

If you push on the “Fixed” button, your own AF frequency will be fixed. So both addresses must push the “Fixed” button.

However, RS ID is not prevented (only the time synchronization is used).

Patrick

De : Patrick Lindecker [mailto:f6cte@...]
Envoyé : mardi 3 juillet 2018 21:58
À : 'multipsk@groups.io'
Objet : RE: [multipsk] ALE -400

Hello Russ,

I will propose a test version with this button, this week or next week, I hope. However, without RS ID, I’m not sure about the QSO recovery after a loss of time synchronization (I will test this). If it is not possible without RS ID, I could keep the RSID but for time synchronization only (without frequency synchronization).

Patrick

Envoyé : lundi 2 juillet 2018 23:33
Objet : Re: [multipsk] ALE -400

Hello Patrick,

Yes, I think that the adding of the FIXED button should be the answer to the frequency seeking that we experience during deep fades. We eagerly await a test version added to the ALE-400 
/FAE operating screen that we can test.

Best Regards,

Russ Tower
K1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

4:29pm   

Hello Russ,

I have tried a pseudo QSO with test version 3 (which prevents taking into account RS ID) on both ends. I didn’t see such frequency jumps.

However I can add do as you suggest a “Fixed” button. It will prevent transmission and reception of RS ID, in case of QSB, and it will set the AFC to “No AFC”.

Once “Fixed” set, your frequency will not move.

Patrick

Avast logo

www.avast.com