Re: ALE -400 - test version 4 of Multipsk

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Russ,

Here is the test version 4 of Multipsk 4.36:http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_36_test_version_4.zip

If you push on the “Fixed” button, your own AF frequency will be fixed. So both addresses must push the “Fixed” button.

However, RS ID is not prevented (only the time synchronization is used).

Patrick

De : Patrick Lindecker [mailto:f6cte@...]
Envoyé : mardi 3 juillet 2018 21:58
À : 'multipsk@groups.io'
Objet : RE: [multipsk] ALE -400

Hello Russ,

I will propose a test version with this button, this week or next week, I hope. However, without RS ID, I’m not sure about the QSO recovery after a loss of time synchronization (I will test this). If it is not possible without RS ID, I could keep the RSID but for time synchronization only (without frequency synchronization).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Russ Tower
Envoyé : lundi 2 juillet 2018 23:33
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] ALE -400

Hello Patrick,

Yes, I think that the adding of the FIXED button should be the answer to the frequency seeking that we experience during deep fades. We eagerly await a test version added to the ALE-400 
/FAE operating screen that we can test.

Best Regards,

Russ Tower
K1DOW

Patrick Lindecker

4:29pm   

Hello Russ,

I have tried a pseudo QSO with test version 3 (which prevents taking into account RS ID) on both ends. I didn’t see such frequency jumps.

However I can add do as you suggest a “Fixed” button. It will prevent transmission and reception of RS ID, in case of QSB, and it will set the AFC to “No AFC”.

Once “Fixed” set, your frequency will not move.

Patrick

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.