Re: VDL2 Decode issue

Hack

Hi Fred,
you have been very helpful to me and I think as you say, it is very sensitive to the signal.
As you have seen from my photos, I have the signal centered at 0 (zero) and if I do not center it.
I have to work on the signal level. I'll try and let you know.

Maurizio

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

Il giorno mar 20 lug 2021 alle ore 15:10 Fred Albertson <albertso@...> ha scritto:
Hi Maurizio,

I'm glad that you got the SDRduo working,  The most obvious
thing from your pictures is that the tuning is not centered on
the VDL2 signals.  Make sure to set AFC on in the VDL screen.

Also, I have found that VDL2 decoding is very sensitive to levels.
You may have to play with the receive levels in the transceiver
screen. Too much signal will stop the decoding.  "Auto" is not
always best for the gain.  This is also true for ACARS decoding.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Maurizio - I 0570/RM/SWL (Rome - Italy)