How to easily find the sounds panel and Stereo Mix in Win10

mike agner

I found this somewhere (I don't remember where), but if you create a shortcut for it, you won't need to jockey your way through all the menus to get to the sounds panel

C:\Windows\System32\control.exe mmsys.cpl sounds

Now if you want to play with Stereo Mix, you aren't going to initially see it in the panel, as it may be disabled. The easy thing to do here is to right-click in the panel and make sure that 'Show Disabled Devices' is checked.  You should see Stereo Mix in the Recording tab

This works on my Dell Win10 Home laptop.  Hopefully it will for you too...Mike