Re: Output sound card number mappings shuffling after PC random idle unlock (v 4.43.1)

Patrick Lindecker

Mark,

The API is called when you are in the Configuration screen, but not when you are in the RX/TX screen.

>However, if I leave MultiPSK running, and then the idle timer kicks in to lock the screen, when I come back in after some period of time has passed, all things being equal, the output from MultiPSK is >now coming out on a different soundcard # (and not always the same “wrong” one each time):

The behavior that you described looks like as if Windows, for an unknown reason,  stops the sound card in progress for another sound card. Curious.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Mark Bailey
Envoyé : lundi 1 mars 2021 18:43
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Output sound card number mappings shuffling after PC random idle unlock (v 4.43.1)

OK, will try that. On the same point, would MultiPSK call that same Windows API call again on a Lock screen unlock, desktop restore/redisplay? What's odd is that this remapping seems to stick for as long as the screen is not locked. But I haven't tried to retest the sound card mapping across multiple consecutive idle->lock->unlock events. 

I will try a fresh install in a new created folder first, though. 

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.