Re: Fax problem

Maelruan

Thanks Patrick,

Other than noting their existance, I'm not knowledgeable about the impact of msconfig & svchost, so must rely on the recommendations of experts like yourself.

I am now much more informed about the interrupt interference than before this discussion, and should be able to apply some solutions suggested.

Maelruan

On 01/02/2021 18:18, Patrick Lindecker wrote:

Hello Maelruan,

Thanks for all the info. Perhaps, you know it, but perhaps not: to get the different services and tasks started up when you start your PC, you must type “MSCONFIG” +CR inside the pseudo-DOS panel (under the “Exécuter” option in French, and probably “Run” or “Execute” option in English).

Then you can remove all services or starting tasks which seem useless (and take CPU for nothing). However be cautious with services (with starting tasks it is less important).

Under the task manager, I have not found a good method to kill the “svchost.exe” processes, the ones which take much CPU, without  crashing the PC .