Re: CPDLC/HFDL

Tomasz Lemiech

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 11:07 AM Josef Garcia <Garcia.Josef333@...> wrote:
Hello everybody,

a question about CPDLC message reception with Multipsk and HFDL.

What do I have to activate to receive CPDLC?

SPDU, MPDU, LPDU or HFNPDU?

FANS-1/A CPDLC is transmitted in ACARS messages, so you have to activate whatever is required to receive ACARS (I don't use MultiPSK on a daily basis, so I can't give you an exact button / option name).

You can identify CPDLC messages by their ACARS label - CPDLC uplinks have AA label, while downlinks have BA.

Once you collect some messages, you can copy out their contents from the log file and decode them manually using decode_acars_apps program, which comes bundled with libacars (https://github.com/szpajder/libacars). You can build it from source and run on Linux or use Windows binaries from https://github.com/szpajder/libacars/releases .

Tomasz Lemiech