Re: SdRPlay RSPDX - Interface with Multipsk

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

Yes it is a bit fuzzy. I will consider that rsp_tcp V.1.1 is for RSPdx and V.1.0 for the other SDRplay receivers (with the same instructions as before), this to issue the 4.43.1 version this week.

Below is what will be proposed in the manual:

- If the "SDRplay" button is pushed, for any SDRplay receiver, the I/Q signal is taken from the key through the "rsp_tcp.exe" TCP/IP server. According to my tests, the "rsp_tcp.exe" server works with Windows 10 and, possibly, with previous versions (Vista for example), this depending on the files missing and to be downloaded from Internet. It needs a powerful PC. The sampling frequency is initially 250 KHz, then it is switched to 1 MHZ for all modes except for ADSB for which it is using a 2 MHz sampling frequency.
The defaut TCP/IP parameters are given below (they can be changed by pushing on the "Options (port/address)" button):

  • The address is the local loop one: 127.0.0.1
  • The port is the 1234 one.
  • The default rsp_tcp.exe version is the 1.0 one.

Moreover, the "+Speaker" may be pushed, to listen to the demodulated sound.

The "Transceiver" window on the "RX/TX" screen permits to control the frequency and the gain (see Transceiver).

To make this interface possible, several files are located in the Multipsk directory:

  • mir_sdr_api.dll
  • msvcr100.dll
  • pthreadVCE2.dll
  • vcruntime140.dll
  • rsp_rcp.exe (thanks to F4FHH Nicolas and SDRplay)

Moreover for the rsp_rcp.exe version 1.1 (thanks to SDRplay), compatible with SDRUNO V.1.4 (using API 3.07 instead API 3.06), and particularly aimed to make work the RSPdx model:

  • msvcr110.dll
  • libpthread.dll
  • sdrplay_api.dll
  • rsp_tcp_V_1_1.exe (rsp_tcp.exe version 1.1 renamed to distinguish it from the rsp_tcp.exe version 1.0).

Associated with "rtl_tcp.exe" and "SDRplay", by pushing on the "Options (port/address)" button, it is opened a box in which it can be changed:

  • the IP address: the standard local IP address is 127.0.0.1. For a distant server, paste the server WEB IP adress,
  • the port: the TCP/IP port used, by default, is the number 1234, but it can be changed with the spin button, from 1231 to 1250. So several occurrences of Multipsk can be started, each one connected to a server and so to a different receiver. For this, the PC must be very powerful,
  • the rsp_tcp.exe version used, either 1.0 by default, or 1.1 by clicking on the "rsp_tcp V.1.1" button.

By clicking on the "RSP2 bias-tee", the bias-tee (4.7 V / 100 mA max at the ANT-B antenna output) of the SDRplay RSP2 (and RSPduo) can be set ("On") or reset ("Off"). Note that this option is not stored, by precaution. So, it will be necessary to configure this option at each Multipsk start-up.

About the RSP2 and RSPduo models (with the rsp_tcp version 1.0) :

If the direct interface with Multipsk does not work (with an error message), try this procedure (thanks to Christian and Fred):

1. start "rsp_tcp.exe -E" (from the Multipsk folder), with, for example, the "SDRPlay_RSP2.BAT" batch file in the Multipsk package.
Note that it can be added the parameter "-P0" = PORT A (default) or "-P1" = PORT B or "-P2" = HIz

2. start Multipsk,

3. press on the "SDRplay" button and, possibly, on "+Speaker" to listen to the demodulated sound

4. press on the "RX/TX screen" button

About the rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1 (rather aimed to the RSPdx model):

Push on the "Options (port/address)" button and then on the "rsp_tcp V.1.1" button.

It permits to directly make work all the SDRplay receivers RSPdx and probably RSPduo (but also the RSP1, RSP1A and the RSP2 and RSPduo models but control problems on the port selection), but it needs the installation of SDRuno version 1.4.

For more information, look at the Mike (KA3JJZ) WEB page:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk