Re: Request when using Scan within 141A(ALE) mode + Multipsk 4.43 Test version 2 #141a

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the information about ALE and ALE nets (surely very solicited at the moment due to the virus).

>the receiver frequency identification within the messages is working great

Nice. Nothing more now that to modify a bit the manual.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Dennis Schendel via Groups.Io
Envoyé : dimanche 15 mars 2020 01:38
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Request when using Scan within 141A(ALE) mode + Multipsk 4.43 Test version 2 #141A

Hi Patrick,

Thank you very much for the quick turnaround and resolution to my request ... the receiver frequency identification within the messages is working great with my SDRPlay RSP1A SDR device!

Here is an example of the messages now with the receive frequency value shown after the timestamp:

[22:07:07] [14,109.000] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KG4         ] (his BER=16 + SINAD=02)

STP[22:07:13] [14,109.000] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KG4         ] (his BER=28 + SINAD=02)

[23:07:38] [14,109.000] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KG4STP      ] (his BER=26 + SINAD=02)

[23:09:58] [14,109.000] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from ND3U        ] (his BER=26 + SINAD=02)

[23:10:06] [10,145.500] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from ND3U        ] (his BER=30 + SINAD=03)

HH@[23:28:27] [14,109.000] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4         ] (his BER=21 + SINAD=02)

HH@[23:28:35] [10,145.500] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=26 + SINAD=02)

[23:29:19] [10,145.500] [Sounding THIS IS ] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=20 + SINAD=03)

As for me providing a live recording of 141A traffic ... though I live just outside of Chicago ... I am not receiving much ALE traffic here at my QTH. Might very well be because I am using just a very simple (non-NVIS) HF antenna setup in the attic for receiving/monitoring general HF band signals. Matter of fact, that is one of the main reasons I turned to using MultiPSK, it has a simple Scan feature in the 141A(ALE) mode so I could determine whether I was actually able to receive any ALE transmissions on assigned ALE frequencies during the various hours of the day. And that is what MultiPSK has allowed me to accomplished very well. This message information gives me a better idea what time of day, which HF band and where the ALE transmissions originate via the call sign to help determine propagation and usage pattern expectations here.

FYI: Looking at the ALE HF Network Connectivity Map it appears that the Chicago area is typically not an active participant (hub of activity) with ALE traffic. http://hflink.net/maps/map_24.php

Regarding my second request/comment about injecting a linefeed/carriage return immediately before/ahead of the timestamp so each new message line would always start/begin with the Timestamp value ... that is not important, significant or essential at the moment.

Thank you again!

Dennis – KA9YTO

From: multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] On Behalf Of Patrick Lindecker
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 07:49
To: multipsk@groups.io
Subject: [multipsk] Request when using Scan within 141A(ALE) mode + Multipsk 4.43 Test version 2 #141A

Hello to Dennis and all,

>? Is there an option to display the receive frequency as a displayed value (like the timestamp) within each of these message entries? (I see there is an option in the Options window called: >“Frequency displayed (if Commander connected)” but that does not have any effect when a SDRPlay RSP1A SDR device is being used directly.)

I have extended this possibility for connected receivers, in the following test version 2:
http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_43_test_version_2.zip

Paste this address in your Internet Explorer or equivalent. Download the file.
Extract the ZIP file and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe with this test version. Before, make a copy of the “official” Multipsk.exe, in case of. It is also proposed new help manuals (chm files) and several data files (for the P25 decoding).

Dennis, could you tell me if you see frequencies now?

>(As you can see, sometimes the timestamp is shown somewhere within the midst of a preceding message line text.)

Yes I see. But it is difficult to solve without any recording. If you have one, I could try to see what happens (but 141A is far away now ).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Dennis Schendel via Groups.Io
Envoyé : vendredi 13 mars 2020 23:27
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : [multipsk] Request when using Scan within 141A(ALE) mode

Hi Patrick,

In the 141A(ALE) mode of MultiPSK 4.42 connected to a SDRPlay RSP1A receiver and using it to scan/monitor several ALE HF frequencies ... everything is working very well. An example of the information being displayed when an ALE transmission is received on one of the several frequencies being scanned is shown below:

[14:35:14] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4         ] (his BER=09 + SINAD=01)

[14:35:18] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=22 + SINAD=01)

[16:23:00] [Call] [from ND3         ] [to WB8Q        ] [my BER= 0 + SINAD=17] (his BER=18 + SINAD=01)

[16:24:54] [Sounding THIS IS ] [from I O         ] (his BER=28 + SINAD=01)

QSYROGER [17:05:05] [AMD] [from ND3U        ] (his BER=28 + SINAD=02)

U@@[18:05:34] [Call] [from KN4HH       ] [to HFNQ PAND   ] (his BER=25 + SINAD=02)

PANL O[20:26:16] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=23 + SINAD=02)

[20:26:22] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=24 + SINAD=02)

[20:26:42] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4HH       ] (his BER=26 + SINAD=02)

HH@[20:35:06] [Sounding THIS WAS] [from KN4         ] (his BER=28 + SINAD=02)

The question I have is ... how can I know/see which frequency each one of these messages was received on? Is there an option to display the receive frequency as a displayed value (like the timestamp) within each of these message entries? (I see there is an option in the Options window called: “Frequency displayed (if Commander connected)” but that does not have any effect when a SDRPlay RSP1A SDR device is being used directly.)

Speaking of the timestamp ... could you please include a linefeed/carriage return immediately before the timestamp, so the timestamp is always at the very beginning of a new message line entry. (As you can see, sometimes the timestamp is shown somewhere within the midst of a preceding message line text.)

Patrick, thank you very much for a great MultiPSK application!!!

Dennis – KA9YTO

Image removed by sender. Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.