Re: Decoding RTTY on amateur bands #Beginner #multipsk

mike agner

Keep in mind that there are many modes that hams can use, some of which might sound a little like Baudot RTTY but in fact aren't. MultiPSK does handle a good number of ham digital modes, but it takes some knowledge to identify them. Alternately you could turn on the RSID and let MultiPSK take a guess at what the mode is. There are a number of web pages that can help with learning to identify modes - the SigID Wiki and Pat's digital sounds page are but 2...

https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Signal_Identification_Guide

http://f1ult.free.fr/DIGIMODES/MULTIPSK/digimodesF6CTE_en.htm

I can't put my finger on a specific site, but there's a list somewhere of what modes typically show up on what frequencies (for example 14070.15 is a typical PSK31 frequency)

Mike