Re: ORBCOMM Antennas

Paul Gulliver

Ok, thanks for the replies, looks as though there may be a problem with my antenna. Some investigation is required.

Paul

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, 20:56 Glenn Blum, <glennblum@...> wrote:

I have been using a V3 RTL-SDR with a Commet 2meter/440 mhz antenna and works great

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: multipsk@groups.io <multipsk@groups.io> on behalf of Fred Albertson <albertso@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:57:27 PM
To: multipsk@groups.io <multipsk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [multipsk] ORBCOMM Antennas

Hi Paul,

I use a discone (50-1000MHz) and have no problems with the
Orbcomm birds.  I am at FM08oo, in central Virginia, USA.
I occasionally use a broadband LNA, but all that really does
is extend the distance out a bit.

The "new" satellites, orbital elements 103-119, I can
usually pick up more than 1500 miles out.  The older ones
come in at about 500 miles or so.

My better receiver is an RSP2-Duo, but I do almost as well
with an SDR R820T. MultiPSK does a great job automatically
following the birds when using the "Satellites" function.

Fred

View/Reply Online (#2397): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2397
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more!   <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io