Re: EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Richard and all,

Thanks for the nice report.

For about AFC, the adjusting AFC latitude (compared to the theoretical central frequency) is a bit more than +/- 200 Hz. So click around the center of the transmission on the waterfall. Once locking to the central frequency, the AFC can be left as it is to take account the warm-up of the receiver. It the receiver is really very stable, the AFC can be deactivated (this will can give a possible small advantage).

Normally you must see increasing the frame counter by one unity each 8.64 sec. From time to time a frame can be lost but it must be normally rare.