Re: EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Richard and all,

Thanks for the nice report.

For about AFC, the adjusting AFC latitude (compared to the theoretical central frequency) is a bit more than +/- 200 Hz. So click around the center of the transmission on the waterfall. Once locking to the central frequency, the AFC can be left as it is to take account the warm-up of the receiver. It the receiver is really very stable, the AFC can be deactivated (this will can give a possible small advantage).

Normally you must see increasing the frame counter by one unity each 8.64 sec. From time to time a frame can be lost but it must be normally rare.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Richard
Envoyé : dimanche 16 juin 2019 19:10
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Hello Patrick,

Finally able to install test version 6 and results have been excellent.  My main interest is EGC messages B1 and B2.  Overall very low packet loss, and messages so far have been received complete.  The issue I reported in version 4 has of course been totally corrected.

As a general comment not just for EGC decoding, would like to mention that is easy to stay on frequency because your waterfall display is wide enough to determine center frequency and allow occasional fine tuning as my SDR warms up and stabilizes.  Also have noted that I don't need to activate AFC since, after a few minutes of initial warm-up, the Nooelec NESDRsmartee is very stable. 

Receiving AORE on Inmarsat 3F5 at 54W with the Othernet L-band airgap antenna and Nooelec LNA.

Richard
KE7KRF

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.