Re: EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Richard

Hello Patrick,

Finally able to install test version 6 and results have been excellent.  My main interest is EGC messages B1 and B2.  Overall very low packet loss, and messages so far have been received complete.  The issue I reported in version 4 has of course been totally corrected.

As a general comment not just for EGC decoding, would like to mention that is easy to stay on frequency because your waterfall display is wide enough to determine center frequency and allow occasional fine tuning as my SDR warms up and stabilizes.  Also have noted that I don't need to activate AFC since, after a few minutes of initial warm-up, the Nooelec NESDRsmartee is very stable.

Receiving AORE on Inmarsat 3F5 at 54W with the Othernet L-band airgap antenna and Nooelec LNA.

73

Richard
KE7KRF