Re: EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Paul,

>One question, if I press the "urgencies with positions" button the map opens ok, up but within that map window if I press the Goggle Earth. In fact, I forgot this panel which is not related to the EGC needs. There is no interest to open GE as the position is very approximate (one degree of accuracy). I will hide the majority of the buttons of this panel. Thanks for the remark.

At the moment, I know that there was a bug on these positions (bug fixed now in my local version). I wil propose a test version 7 (the last I hope).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Paul Gulliver
Envoyé : samedi 15 juin 2019 18:20
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] EGC decoding improvement - Multipsk test version 6

Hi Patrick.

I've been running test ver 6 for a few hours on 4A-F4 and all seems fine, no unknown messages.

One question, if I press the "urgencies with positions" button the map opens ok, up but within that map window if I press the Goggle Earth button nothing happens - I do have GE installed on the computer. Does GE only open if there is a position to display or should it open regardless?

Cheers

Paul

On 14/06/2019 at 21:14, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello to all,

Here is the Multipsk test version 6 which improves EGC decoding : http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_39_1_test_version_6.zip

Paste this address in your Internet Explorer or equivalent. Download the file.
First, make a copy of the your Multipsk folder, in case of…

Extract the Multipsk.exe file (+ manual files + files for interfaces) and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe (+ manual files) with these test version files.

This test version decodes BD/BE messages and reassembles them (apparently always in messages packets B1 or B2). All the unknown messages EGC are decoded except the “85” one which remains a mystery.

I added a packet selection “Urgencies with position” but I did not decode Urgencies messages so I have not been able to test this function: display of the urgencies messages with indication of the position on the world map (with a red dash). So thanks for reports about this function.

I added, for information, the number of the decoded frame (there is a new one each 8.64 s).

The EGC frequencies are:

4-F3 EGC 1537.7000

3-F5 EGC 1541.4500 

4-F1 EGC 1541.4500

4A-F4 EGC 1537.1000 

Patrick

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.