Re: INMARSAT C-Band Channels

Paul Gulliver

Fred,

HaHa, a 8 acre field, well you should be able to manage a 10m motorised dish on that - Seriously with the satellites at 40-50 deg elevation you should be ok with a 1.2m dish, at my location AOR-E varies between 11 and 17degrees

The LNB you suggest is a good one, it's the LNB recommended by the Plane Plotter group.

Are you a member of the Plane Plotter group (PP), if not I suggest you join, plenty of advice on setting up C-band and you could join the rest of us in feeding PP and plot aircraft as they go across the oceans (new feeders are alway very welcome)

Cheers

Paul

On 02/02/2019 at 16:15, Fred Albertson <albertso@...> wrote:
Hi, All,

Thanks Paul and the rest of you for your comments on L-Band,
and your prompting me to try C-Band.  I'll get there.  And, yes,
Patrick, I have a "garden."  It is an 8 acre hay field and my look
angle to most of the satellites in question is between 40 and 50
degrees elevation. A good spot.

I'm planning on using a Titanium C-Band LNBF C1W-PLL LNB.
Any comments?

Thanks,

Fred