Re: INMARSAT C-Band Channels

Phil Walls

Same in Australia, seems like they all wander. I can only get readable results for roughly 12 hours..give or take an hour.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 10:09 PM Paul Gulliver <paulg1953@...> wrote:
Reception is not helped by the fact the elevation of the satellite (from the UK) changes around 7 degrees over a 12 hour period, this means even with a 1.1m dish the dish has to be re-focused 3 or 4 times over that 12 hour period to keep a usable signal. The larger the dish the more times it would have to be re-focused.

Paul

On 02/02/2019 at 09:30, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Paul and all,

Thanks for your links Paul. For all, note that with almost the same installation , I could not get 1200 bauds AERO data (from the close south of Paris). The necessary dish size must depend on the location.

--
"Learn to live with what you can't rise above"