Re: 110A and 4485 - WWVB

Roger

Patrick,

Do I understand correctly that to use the 110A mode in Multipsk the soundcard must be (or optimally should be) running at 12000 Hz sampling rate? Or are multiples of that OK (e.g. 48,000, 96,000)?

Thank you.

Roger

On Jan 19, 2019, at 1:38 AM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Roger and all,

If you click on the "Frequencies" command on top of the RX/TX screen, you
will have all the frequencies (as far as I know them) for all the Multipsk
decoded modes.

For 4485 it is only transmitted a repeated test sentence (by French or
Italian navy if I remember well). Nothing really exciting.

For LF transmissions, apart from Multipsk, you have also time stations
decoded by Clock (for example WWVB, see below, extracted from the paper from

"WWVB: A Half Century of Delivering Accurate Frequency and Time by Radio").

"NIST radio station WWVB, which today serves as the synchronization source
for tens of millions of radio controlled clocks, began operation from its
present location near Fort Collins, Colorado at 0 hours, 0 minutes Universal
Time on July 5, 1963. Thus, the year 2013 marked the station’s 50th
anniversary, a half century of delivering frequency and time signals
referenced to the national standard to the United States public. One of the
best known and most widely used measurement services provided by the U. S.
government, WWVB has spanned and survived numerous technological eras. Based
on technology that was already mature and well established when the station
began broadcasting in 1963, WWVB later benefitted from the miniaturization
of electronics and the advent of the microprocessor, which made low cost
radio controlled clocks possible that would work indoors. "