Re: #aero #aero

Paul Gulliver

Sorry Roland, I don't receive C-band transmissions from Alphasat so I'm unable to help.

I think you will find John has answered most of your questions in the reply he made to your post in the Plane Plotter group (also in the links I provided in a previous post).

On 19/01/2019 at 19:08, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:

Thank you, Paul !

What is your location, please ? Do you get your data from 215E Alphasat ??

How big and what kind of dish do you use ?

Do you happen to be able to receive at your location POSITIONAL data of aircraft ?

If so, would you mind to tell me the respective frequencies including Bauds ?

And lastly .......do they show clear, uncoded plain positions, e.g. N.........E........ readable by Planeplotter via Jaero ?

Sorry to bother you again, however your reply to these questions would be most appreciated by me !

Am 18.01.2019 um 12:00 schrieb Paul Gulliver:
Roland,
I suggest you ask these questions in the Plane Plotter group  https://groups.io/g/planeplotter

The following may help

Note that for Alphasat you will need a least an 1.8m or 2.4m dia dish to get a good signal for decoding

Paul

On 18/01/2019 at 10:16, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:
Hello,
Further to my previous message I now understand that the L-band frequs do not carry positional Information and that the latter can be found on the C-band only..
I am still after positional data which can be made visible by Planeplotter, i.e. the respective locations over oceans etc.
I am sure many of the Aero "fans" know on which frequencies and at which Bauds positional data is transmitted and how to make Planeplotter access and show this data on maps/charts.
Would you kindly disclose to me this information ?
Thanks in advance,