Re: #aero Jaero too low signal strength #aero

Roland Fechter

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [multipsk] #aero Jaero too low signal strength

Datum: 2019-01-15T17:36:29+0100

Von: "Paul Gulliver" <paulg1953@...>

An: "multipsk@groups.io" <multipsk@groups.io>

Ok, well I think first we need to apologise to Patrick for having this off topic conversation on his group that is dedicated to the support of MultiPSK

Roland, I think all your troubles lie with your antenna, could you post a link to the item you have purchase or confirm that it is right-hand circular polarised.
--Doubt it - anjo inmarsat yagi - also used with top results by Mr. Rauschenberg !
My setup copies that of Mr. Rauschenberg !

Are you using a Low Noise amplifier, if so have you checked it's being fed with a suitable power supply
--lna nooelec & saw filter module for outernet inmarsat-----dongle Nesdr Smartee linked to lna-
20m activeUSB cable to my notebook
usb
Perhaps you could also post a screenshot of SRD# showing your set up.
please see enclosed snap - only decoding I achieved - all  other main freqs inaccessable due to low dB- max 4db)

Normally these low rate (600 and 1200 bps) signals are easy to pick up with just a basic helix

You shouldn't have to keep moving your antenna, just use a satellite prediction program to give an Azimuth and elevation for the satellite you're trying to receive and point it in that direction - you don't need a high gain antenna so it should not matter if you are several degrees off the optimum - assuming you're trying to receive Alphasat (the easiest one for Europe) then you should be pointing around 165deg with an elevation of 30deg.

Hope this helps

Paul

On 15/01/2019 at 15:59, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:

Thank you for your continued kind advice, Paul !

The EbNo of my Jaero stays at best at -4dB having gone through  a great variety  of frequences and bauds.

I see  from your kind snaps that you are fortunate enough to get up to 15dB. If I remember correctly usable decoding via Jaero starts at about 10dB.

I also told my firewalls not to block Jaero and SDRsharp. I also move my Yagi sideways and up and downwords - no effect to see - 4dB maximum stays with me !!

I am now at a complete loss of finding any explanation and means of EVER reaching at least 10dBs - perhaps important - I use Windows 10 64bit.

Could you please look at this and tell me your findings-advice, please ?

Am 14.01.2019 um 18:54 schrieb Paul Gulliver via Groups.Io:
Hi Roland,
Just to try and help a bit more I've attached a couple of screenshots of how your SDR# and Jaero should be looking - in this case I'm decoding a 600bps signal.
The SDR# settings are USB with a 5KHz bandwidth.
If you notice the third spike from the left is wider than the others, this is a 1200bps signal

Hope this helps a bit

Paul

Attachments: