Re: #aero #aero

Paul Gulliver

Hi Patrick

True, but 3F5 from Berlin only has a elevation of 2 deg at the worst point of the orbit (when the satellite is at it's most Southerly point) so I'm not sure if receiving a signal at that elevation is practical.

Even here in the UK it drops to 11 deg and I have alter the dish elevation  2 or 3 times a day to keep a usable signal.

I should point out the "weak signals" only apply to C-band, L band are receivable with modest equipment.

Cheers

Paul

On 20/12/2018 at 17:19, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

> the best satellite for mid Europe is Alphasat at 25 Deg E (An Azimuth of around 165deg from Berlin)

But its signals are very weak no? Much weaker than the 3F5 ones (even with a low elevation)?