Re: #aero #aero

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Paul,

> the best satellite for mid Europe is Alphasat at 25 Deg E (An Azimuth of around 165deg from Berlin)

But its signals are very weak no? Much weaker than the 3F5 ones (even with a low elevation)?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Paul Gulliver
Envoyé : jeudi 20 décembre 2018 17:44
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] #aero

As I am here more or less in the center of Germany this data is provided currently by AOR-E at 15.5W.

This is incorrect, the satellite at 15 Deg W no longer transmits aero data, the best satellite for mid Europe is Alphasat at 25 Deg E (An Azimuth of around 165deg from Berlin)

Cheers

Paul

On 20/12/2018 at 16:35, Roland Fechter <fly-fechter@...> wrote:

Hello,
I understand that the data I would like to receive is Inmarsat C data (data communication).
As I am here more or less in the center of Germany this data is provided currently by AOR-E at 15.5W.
As I have found out to my dismay my balcony garnished with an array of sat dishes does not offer me a free view of this satellite - its path
for my balcony "Sport"  is too far to the west, i.e. on the other side of my terrace house !
A lot of Money wasted so far.
I now look for a not too expensive good antenna - be it active or passive - allowing bracket mounting on my already installed roof mast.
Wont be easy to find I guess considering that from there to my RX - just a Dongle - Funcube and the like - I need some 20m coax cable.
Here - in case of choosing an active antenna I again face the Problem of inserting a separate Bias T !
The "elegant" solution would be a Passive inmarsat antenna providing good data despite my cable length of 20m.
Do you know or already use such a passive antenna - if so please provide details !
To round it off and increase my bad luck I discover in a distance of some 150 the mast of a mobile phone base station !!
  Regards
Roland

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.