Re: Bias Tee for C- & L-Band AERO decoding #aero

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Chris,

>I am particularly intrigued by your comment that you receive 1200 bps signals.

I don’t know how many 600 and 1200 bauds there were, coming from the 3F2 satellite. But here is what I received (with a Patch antenna) on a 48 KHz bandwidth (SDR spectrum). The thin ones are 600 bauds and the others 1200 bauds.

Yes it seems to have big differences between satellites and particularly relatively to the power: I had not been able to monitor 4A-F4 transmissions which were very weak, whereas the transmissions from 3F2 were OK.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Chris van Lint
Envoyé : mardi 18 décembre 2018 06:05
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Bias Tee for C- & L-Band AERO decoding #aero

Hi Patrick,

I do not use VRS, but I note that Pauk has already given you the benefit of his expertise on this software.
Your other comments make perfect sense.  One of the disadvantages of NOT using a dish is that the antenna is not very directional and is subject to interference from other RF sources.  I live about 2km away from a mountain on which all of Brisbane's TV antennas are mounted plus a host of others 5G antennas, microwave links etc.  The harmonics, sub-harmonics and mix components of these transmissions, which run into 100's of kWs some times cause havoc even at times to the C-Band signal on the dish.
Your comments underline that it is impossible to make definitive statements based on ones own experience.  Reception conditions vary from satellite to satellite.  I am particularly intrigued by your comment that you receive 1200 bps signals.  On 4F1 there is only one 1200bps signal (that I can find), but lots of channels on 10500 bps and 600bps. 

73, VK4CVLAt 04:04 AM 18/12/2018, you wrote:

Hello to all,

In my small experience in L band, I could receive 600 and 1200 bauds transmissions with a 60 cm dish (+ helix antenna) or a Patch antenna, but no 10500 bauds transmissions. For theses last ones, I needed a 1 m dish  (+ helix antenna).

With my RTL-SDR V3, the LNA (+ 1500/1550 MHz filter) was indispensable (without it, I had no reception at all).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [ mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Chris van Lint
Envoyé : lundi 17 décembre 2018 06:29
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Bias Tee for C- & L-Band AERO decoding #aero

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join multipsk@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.