Topics

Adding chord staff/stave to piano grand staff #score-structure

Andy Jerison

I've finished entering a piano composition and just realized I'd started with a grand staff that doesn't have a chord staff. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions for doing this?

Thanks!

Go to the Score tab, and press 'Score'

On the instrumentation tab,

With the buttons at the bottom select the chord-staff button (with a picture showing a prototypical chord name "C7")

From the list, select guitar, banjo, ukulele, or whatever.  (It doesn't matter if you just want chord names and no shapes).

Press "->+" to add it to the score on the right (above the selected line).

And then OK and you're there.

Dave

Andy Jerison

Logically enough, I had to select "plucked strings" under "show" to enable the chord-staff button.

I selected guitar but didn't see the chord staff. Then I moved it to the top and Robert is my father's brother.

Thanks

Andt

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM dave <dave@...> wrote:

Go to the Score tab, and press 'Score'

On the instrumentation tab,

With the buttons at the bottom select the chord-staff button (with a picture showing a prototypical chord name "C7")

From the list, select guitar, banjo, ukulele, or whatever.  (It doesn't matter if you just want chord names and no shapes).