We sold all our possessions to go live in a van'

Don Madge

I wish we could join them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54544467

timsinc Sinclair

Yes, Don, I had forwarded that article to few friends as an
illustration of my life style. Still can go for it...! Someone telling
me other day of a guy aged 90 still full-timing.

campervan Tim

On 23/10/2020, Don Madge <don.madge@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish we could join them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54544467

David Scholes

Probably no longer able to get on the housing ladder so only alternative would be an old folks home and sleeping rough in Oldham in winter is better that that.

David

On 23 Oct 2020, at 16:10, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, Don, I had forwarded that article to few friends as an
illustration of my life style. Still can go for it...! Someone telling
me other day of a guy aged 90 still full-timing.

campervan Tim

On 23/10/2020, Don Madge <don.madge@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish we could join them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54544467

Steve Pyke

Interesting article but I'm not sure how living in a Berlingo van would work for more than a short while,

 and as for lasting two weeks on 60 litres of water !?!

Steve

timsinc Sinclair

Well my van a wee bit bigger but I live in it, full stop. My tank only
holds 70 litres - don't expect it to last two weeks - or forever!
Two/three days usually by which time, pre-Covid, I'd be moving on.
Enforced longer stays now mean I may have to move to a tap when
fill-up needed, and try to coincide that with trip to supermarket.

Don't see water as any issue - mean the loo needs emptying at about
same frequency.

Campervan Tim

On 24/10/2020, Steve Pyke via groups.io <esspyke=lineone.net@groups.io> wrote:
Interesting article but I'm not sure how living in a Berlingo van would work
for more than a short while,

and as for lasting two weeks on 60 litres of water !?!

Steve

Doesn’t wash much or cook and do washing up!!!  Carol