Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:43 PM
From: beuvelande@...
To: derek.sims@...
Subject: RE: Customer enquiry - D Sims
Good Evening

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we only have pitch availability mid-week untill September.

On a side note please see below advice for clients from overseas wishing to visit us in Jersey this season.

Due to Covid-19 and the opening of Jersey Borders, we as a business have had to revise our policies.

We would require proof of a negative test result from an on Island PCR Test re COVID-19 from anyone who comes to the campsite from off Island. You would be asked to provide evidence of a negative result on your arrival at the campsite at the point of check in.

That would mean that you wouldn’t be able to arrive on Island and come straight to the campsite irrespective of whether you are staying in our of our hired units or with your own camping vehicle or equipment. At present there is wait time for results of 12 to as much as 72 hours! Other arrangements would need to be made for the first couple of nights.

The reason the business owners have had to make this decision is in light of the amount of communal facilities which the campsite has available to guests.

If you would still like to proceed with an enquiry or indeed to make a booking please call the office to confirm the details and make a payment to finalise the booking.

We are experiencing a very high volume of calls and emails at present please do bear with us if you don’t get through on the phones straight away.

The office is open Monday to Friday 9am till 3pm we would be delighted to hear from you.

Many thanks and kind regards
Aimée Leaman-Gonçalves
Beuvelande Campsite
Rue de Beuvelande
St Martin
Jersey
Channel Islands
JE3 6EZ

+44(0)1534 853575
info@...
www.beuvelandecampsite.com

Please note a non-refundable deposit is required to make any booking.
No reservation is confirmed until funds have been received by the campsite.

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Beuvelande Campsite (http://www.campingjersey.com)

timsinc Sinclair

Derek, definitely no apologies needed for lengthy post. Entertaining
and, importantly, informative - certainly worthy of wider audience
(ie, as here) than a one-off personal reply. Come post-Covid
days/years, I'm really tempted to make Jersey a very long stop-over on
the way to France.

Campervan Tim

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:43 PM
From: beuvelande@campingjersey.com
To: derek.sims@gmx.com

info@beuvelandecampsite.com
www.beuvelandecampsite.com

Please note a non-refundable deposit is required to make any booking.
No reservation is confirmed until funds have been received by the campsite.

Please could you confirm whether you have availability for the above nights.
We are members of the Camping & Caravanning Club and had booked through them
for a visit to our son & family in St Helier. Unfortunately the coronavirus
put a stop to that and now the club office is not open for booking via them.

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Beuvelande Campsite
(http://www.campingjersey.com)

I thought it a brilliant post was left wondering about the CL then it came🤣

Well worth waiting for. Didn’t know your son was now living there. Lucky man!!

Enjoy your trip. Hope you get the discount

It took CCC staff four and a half weeks to reply to my email, which didn’t answer it.   I wrote a snotty mail back saying maybe they need to unfurlough some staff to service us. I got a reply back within a couple of hours.  Hope yours is quicker

Carol

On 30/07/2020, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
> [...]
> finalise the booking.
>
> We are experiencing a very high volume of calls and emails at present please
> do bear with us if you don’t get through on the phones straight away.
>
> The office is open Monday to Friday 9am till 3pm we would be delighted to
> hear from you.
>
> Many thanks and kind regards
> Aimée Leaman-Gonçalves
> Beuvelande Campsite
> Rue de Beuvelande
> St Martin
> Jersey
> Channel Islands
> JE3 6EZ
>
> +44(0)1534 853575
> info@...
> www.beuvelandecampsite.com
>
> Please note a non-refundable deposit is required to make any booking.
> No reservation is confirmed until funds have been received by the campsite.

Derek,

Thanks that was really useful.

We lived there in the early 70s and then went back a few times with a VW Dormobile that had to be hoisted on the ship In Weymouth by crane! In the early 80s we took a Motorhome Mk3 over and got exemption because we were selling some specialist wheelchairs.

Last year I was asked to go back and work at the Pharmacy where I first worked as a pharmacist to cover some holidays and we were then looking at taking the van over, but, in the end, we couldn’t get the dates to work with commitments at home and ferries.

Enjoy yourself.

Martin

On 30 Jul 2020, at 11:05, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

[...]

Brent

Hi Derek

Congrats on new edition and booking - what an excellent and informative post - well done and thanks for taking time to inform

One thing has puzzled me when you say:- and there is a size limit. Does it apply to physical size, weight or both!!?

Would we be able to take our 2018 Pilote P740C Sensation:-  Length (m). 7.45. Width (m). 2.30. Height (m) Weight 3850T would you know please?

Maybe I'll have to pull my finger out my ar5e and get our VW Split Screen back on the road ;-) :-)

Very best wishes and stay safe ALL

Derek Sims

Hi Brent

Condor run three ferries - one slow conventional one, the Clipper, which goes from Portsmouth to Jersey via Guernsey in about 10 hours, one fast cat, the Liberation, which does the run from Poole to Jersey, via Guernsey in about 5 hours and one smaller fast cat, the Rapide, which normally does St.Helier to St Malo in about an hour and is also doubling up on the very limited running from Poole at present.

All can take a 7m long, 3.1m high motorhome, space permitting, no weight limit, but with the number capable of being carried reducing as the ferry size reduces. The Rapide has very limited capacity for motorhomes.

If you're outside those dimensions it doesn't mean they won't take you (The Clipper takes coaches and lorries). We have had our 3.8T Esterel on all three ferries at 6.65m long and 2m high, but you would have to contact Condor direct or the booking agent to find out about your 'van and the response would vary with the season.

I would say that you would have no problem if you wanted to do a return trip from Portsmouth, but bear in mind that many of the roads are really narrow and swinging a long 'van around some of the bends would be interesting. When we visted in the Esterel we just did the return trip to the site (which is all the caravans are allowed to do and one run to the wedding hotel. Otherwise we used the car our son lent us.

HTH

Derek