Topics

Travel/medical insurance

Don Madge

I've just found an insurer who will cover us for a 94 day single trip either to Portugal or Turkey
The cost was £515 with "good to go insurance", there's no upper age limit.

We might get three months in Madera this winter if all goes well.

Safe travelling

Don

Carol Weaver

Think I will look at them. Is it an online quote Don?

Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:40, <don.madge@...> wrote:
I've just found an insurer who will cover us for a 94 day single trip either to Portugal or Turkey
The cost was £515 with "good to go insurance", there's no upper age limit.

We might get three months in Madera this winter if all goes well.

Safe travelling

Don

Don Madge

yes  its an online quote Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:49, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
Think I will look at them. Is it an online quote Don?

Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:40, <don.madge@...> wrote:
I've just found an insurer who will cover us for a 94 day single trip either to Portugal or Turkey
The cost was £515 with "good to go insurance", there's no upper age limit.

We might get three months in Madera this winter if all goes well.

Safe travelling

Don

Thank you Don. A job for tomorrow after shopping

Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:58, Don Madge <don.madge@...> wrote:
yes  its an online quote Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:49, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:
Think I will look at them. Is it an online quote Don?

Carol

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 16:40, <don.madge@...> wrote:
I've just found an insurer who will cover us for a 94 day single trip either to Portugal or Turkey
The cost was £515 with "good to go insurance", there's no upper age limit.

We might get three months in Madera this winter if all goes well.

Safe travelling

Don

charlie.green@...

Hi Don,

Two years ago after a health scare!! my medical insurance rocketed, wife also had a minor matter that also needed to be notified to the insurer. At first I went down the route of joint insurance for us as I had normally done. However I also looked at individual policies and found to my surprise it was considerable cheaper to take out 2 individual policy with 2 different Insurers, I am talking £180 difference. My policy for 90 days in Spain with heart issues was £110 my wife's £90. Had I taken the joint insurance it was £480.

The other strange thing was both Insurers, I went with Get Going Insurance my Wife with Puffin Insurance were both underwritten by the same German company Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK sadly when I looked for last years winter trip neither were now doing 90 day insurance.

I suppose what I'm saying is, as you probably know, it pays to shop around but also to consider individual policies as well as joint.

Charlie

charlie.green@...

Further to earlier message  I had a look at Good to Go Insurance they are underwritten by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK, also.