Travel insurance

Mike

All, just had our travel insurance declined by previous insurer as my partner had a breast-cancer op 2yrs ago which they’d cheerfully accepted in the past. There have been no further issues so not best pleased.

Any suggestions for good cover for motorhomers as opposed to package holiday travellers.

2 months cover need BTW

mtia

Mike Kemp

Peter S

Try the Caravan Club. Excluded my bowel cancer for a short while – about 6 months I think. Our current policy excludes the effects of a small op my wife had – very extremely unlikely to need repatriation for - but expect the exclusion to be deleted when I ring them before we next go away to Europe.

Peter S

All, just had our travel insurance declined by previous insurer as my partner had a breast-cancer op 2yrs ago which they’d cheerfully accepted in the past. There have been no further issues so not best pleased.

Any suggestions for good cover for motorhomers as opposed to package holiday travellers.

2 months cover need BTW

mtia

Mike Kemp

Sandytrax

I use Staysure. They have a good reputation for covering medical conditions.
Brian

On 30 Jul 2019, at 10:11, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Try the Caravan Club. Excluded my bowel cancer for a short while – about 6 months I think. Our current policy excludes the effects of a small op my wife had – very extremely unlikely to need repatriation for - but expect the exclusion to be deleted when I ring them before we next go away to Europe.

Peter S

All, just had our travel insurance declined by previous insurer as my partner had a breast-cancer op 2yrs ago which they’d cheerfully accepted in the past. There have been no further issues so not best pleased.

Any suggestions for good cover for motorhomers as opposed to package holiday travellers.

2 months cover need BTW

mtia

Mike Kemp

Brian Reay

We’ve found Staysure good, although we’ve not needed to claim. I had a stroke around 13 years back plus things like a knee problem but they cover us. A better deal than the Caravan Club, then their insurance is always expensive and I say that as a member. The details Staysure require aren’t too onerous, list of conditions, meds, etc.

Brian Reay

As a general point, and I am not remotely suggesting you misled anyone in the past etc, I sometimes wonder if errors are made BY INSURERS at the time quotes are given or cover declined. Let me give an example.

Some years back, we were with another company (I think via our Bank). We’d been with them for a couple of years, never claimed etc. My cover is more complex, my wife’s simple- she has no issues. Mine was fine when their checked my details were up to date. But, while checking my wife’s, they asked if she’d had any blood tests and was waiting for results. She explained she’d just had her annual check up at our GP surgery- something anyone in our age group can have. Whoosh. Even when we got the results it was still a problem, even though they were fine. It seems their system didn’t know about regular annual check ups.

Other companies were fine with these routine  check ups. The odd thing is, if you think about it, such check ups reduce the risk of a claim!

Carol Weaver

It is a minefield out there

We are with for third or fourth year C&CC club. Yes we go through to medical check, diabetic on insulin and high blood pressure tablets.  Duncan a stent 20 years ago done only because he was in Nigeria and no medical facilities in the Delta so we paid BUPA. Not necessary would not have been done on NHS. Belt and braces Consultant called it and we had cover. Made him feel happier!  Needed no puffer etc. His meds an aspirin and a 2.5mg bendroflumeazide (?).

Always ring around and they still always have come out cheaper cover. Not needed to claim thankfully

Carol

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 10:17, Brian Reay via Groups.Io <g8osn=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended

Anthony Oliver

I’ve used Worldwide Travel Insurance for years and have several medical issues!

Mike

Many thanks for all the pointers, SWMBO’s has opted for Staysure. Like with all these things it’s a case of Complete the forms – Pay-up - Hope you never need to put ‘em to the test

Mike Kemp