Topics

TomTom Offer

Ernest Bull

Just received from TomTom;

Move into 2021 with up to 30% off sat navs

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/promo/eoy2021/utm_source=oneoff&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=co_dr_eoy_202012_ko

And with TomTom services via BlueTooth and WiFi updates.

 —————

Sadly says can't be found.... would have used it, as after discussions with a guy on tomtom over a few days they do a camper model which i could add POI's to via the mydrive on the web, as opposed to the app;...

I'll try to google another link

Carol

Click here  For Motorhome Owners here is a link to photographs of aires, stellplatz, chateaux, wargraves, NT properties etc.

CLICK HERE  TO BEST ALLROUND PROVIDER PLUSNET

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 10:49, Ernest Bull <ernb32@...> wrote:
Just received from TomTom;

Move into 2021 with up to 30% off sat navs

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/promo/eoy2021/utm_source=oneoff&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=co_dr_eoy_202012_ko

And with TomTom services via BlueTooth and WiFi updates.

 —————

ErnB

Ernest Bull

On 27 Dec 2020, at 11:05, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Sadly says can't be found....

Sorry, carol. Here it is again, untouched -

Or as a checked out TinyURL

_________

That works  thank you Ernie. It’s not on camper model but will look at that one

Carol

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 10:49, Ernest Bull <ernb32@gmail.com> wrote:

Just received from TomTom;

Move into 2021 with up to 30% off sat navs
Looking at the correct version of that link, shows the direction
(sorry!) that GPSrs/SatNavs are going.

Everything is going into the cloud. (Not good for visibility!)

Sadly, when the internet is down no one goes anywhere.

Alan.
PS: oh for the days of the Garmin Streetpilot.

frankcurryuk

Hi Carol

Does this fit your requirements?

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/camper/products/go-camper/

Cheers

Frank

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi Frank. Yes that’s what I’ve ordered and should be here tomorrow

I’m assured that I can add POIs via MyDRive on website

My problem now is;

Does anyone have ov2 poi’s I could have a copy of?

UK FRANCE AND GERMANY would be good

Apparently you can’t have the bmps you have to select a coloured icon - yes - why?

Or possibly where i might find them. I’m assuming Archies is still going but had a lot of errors in them in the garmin

Buff you used to know where?  Can you help?

Carol

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 15:33, frankcurryuk via groups.io <frank.curry=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Carol

Does this fit your requirements?

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/camper/products/go-camper/

Cheers

Frank

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Buff and Hugh

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 07:12 PM, Carol Weaver wrote:
Or possibly where i might find them. I’m assuming Archies is still going but had a lot of errors in them in the garmin

Buff you used to know where?  Can you help?
Carol, Hugh here. Buff doesn't get involved with this forum any more.

When I last downloaded Archies POIs I got them from Archiescampings.
You click on the region or selection that you want. The download is a zip file containing POIs in a variety of formats (Garmin, Navman, TomTom, GPX, etc)

I'm not sure whether this answers your question.

I've not had a problem with them. I don't know about accuracy. I've never used them much, but have them as a backup in case other sources (park4night or our own POIs or whatever) don't provide the information we want.

Hugh

Carol Weaver

Ive looked at Archies and found I had the app too....

Actually POI's I wanted weren't there, so not interested in that any more.

Having spent two days trying to get this to work, I sadly think it will be being returned as not suitable for our needs....

But thank you.

How is the Murvi going these days?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Carol Weaver wrote:
How is the Murvi going these days?
The Murvi is going fine thanks, but wishes it could get out a bit more!

Hugh

Carol Weaver

Like all of us. Sad seeing it and got nowhere to go. Think we should take ours out for a drive but must wait until ice and snow go

Carol

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 at 21:32, Buff and Hugh via groups.io <huffbuffforums=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Carol Weaver wrote:
How is the Murvi going these days?
The Murvi is going fine thanks, but wishes it could get out a bit more!

Hugh

Richard

I need to take our van off Sorn first!
Richard