The Future?

Bennett Family

But I also feel sad that folk dancing in England seems to no longer exist. Now is the time of year that we should have been leaving to go to Halsall for the Cc&C folk dance group THS which was 3 weeks of folk dancing in the evenings and trips out to Southport one way or Liverpool the other. Probably gone for good and likely English Country Dancing will no longer exist after this.
I’m not as pessimistic as David, a vaccine is possible by next year, the death rate has dropped dramatically as those most likely to be severely affected learn to minimise risk and those treating patients learn the best way to treat them. Testing is also improving.

So I would be surprised if these activities don’t reappear next summer, but it may be restricted to those who have been vaccinated or may involve an initial test and daily temperature checks etc. There will be a risk, but life is full of risk, this is another.

My feeling is that motorhoming will be a pretty safe activity and, with precaution, so could country dancing.

In glass half-full mode

Martin